View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Just thought i'd let you all know that i've FINALLY got my copy of the last Dark Tower book a couple of days ago! I've already read about 400 pages - Very good!

How vain is Stephen King to put himself in the book though?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2005, 11:35 AM
very vain I bet you cant put it down now

Is it out in paperback yet?
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Stephen King is one of the best authors of all time.

I have about 17 of his books, and honestly love every one of them The Shining, Tommyknockers, It, The Running Man............ I can never put one of his books down.

The last one I just read was Dreamcatcher, it scared me half to death , but I loved it
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Yes Carole, thats what i've got I think its only just come out though!

I just counted my Stephen King books and i have 23... And thats just the ones on my shelf! Theres probably more under my bed or something
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2005, 08:39 PM
thanks Jessica I borrowed my sisters in hardback but I already have the first 6 in paperback so this one will complete the set
Bobby-Digital
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Seems like a stephan King orgy has been goin on without me. China i can't remember what book that was cause i have had a nasty bang on the head !LOL

No really the book that this happens in is called Geralds Game if i remember correctly. Most of S.K's books i don't remember what the hell has gone on in them a year or so down the line, but i do remember it was that book you are refering to. I think it was a great read and i remember re-reading it and leaving on a train accidently. I think most people hate losing things and so did i at the time, but reflecting back i think if there is one thing thats not too bad to lose its a good book, because by a stroke of fate you may have opened up a new world to someone who wouldn't dream of reading that book, or one by that author before.

Bobbie omg if someone burnt my books i would kick ass big big time ! I can't believe your OH would do that !!!

Carole and Jessica i mean i can understand how you think he was being vain in putting himself into the book, because i did too at first. However when you read and finish the book you do kinda get an explanation about it. I mean he was so into the life and the story that he was kind of living it and these characters were so vivid to him they did kind of visit him in real life over 20-25 years, you know ? He also writes that the story just goes through him like he doesn't have to think too much, that he just a channel and he lets it come through him. I dunno sounds weird but i kinda understand him. Tell us when you finish the book what happens !
Even though i have read it ! LOL

The books i loved most out of the whole series were Book 2: The Drawing of the Three and Book 4: Wizard and Glass. Never forget the face of your father....

If anyone really likes the chase, hide and seek element to Book 2 The drawing of the three i recommend The Running Man, excellent tension !

I would also like to say to people many of Stephen Kings books make references to different demensions and time. Many books are connected in many ways. These references are usually made to the Dark tower books and you only fully understand these other stories when you read the dark tower series. You gotta read it !
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 01:46 PM
I do see why he put himself in the book.. But it is very vain still!

I had noticed all the books being linked. Theres a reference to Pennywise the clown in IT in Tommyknockers, and obviously The Stand, Hearts in Atlantis, 'Salems Lot have major links to the Dark Tower.

Im just waiting for the the sequel to Christine!! I love that book, it was the first one i ever read!! I was hoping From A Buick 8 might have been but it wasnt
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 10:37 PM
I want all the books
why cant u just buy them in a box set type thing

stephen king dvds too
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6