View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 08:32 AM
Wow it was hot yesterday - I did manage to do some gardening, but it left me absolute knackered and completely drained. I had to go to bed at 6.30 I was so exhausted. How I am going to manage going back to work I don't know - my hip is doing fine, but I am very, very tired every time I do anything. Mike has bought me some liver so I shall be having liver and onions for lunch with salad - apparently you lose a fifth of your blood during a hip replacement, so I should think I am anaemic as I pulled my canula out by mistake after the op and lost a fair amount then.

It's overcast and cooler here today so I will continue with the gardening and housework and see how I get on.

Still in bed at the moment drinking coffee!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Try having a siesta mid afternoon, Nikki, makes so much difference
We had rain overnight, very overcast and feeling cooler, as long as it doesn't rain I don't mind. Will get girls out in a while, and if it stays like this I have a few jobs to do in the garden, not so draining then. Need to make a start painting the big house as well, but not going to render myself virtually immobile tomorrow.. Coal order next week, so need to make room for it as it will be delivered in the first couple of days of September. Cannot believe how all of a sudden its going dark so soon after tea.
Will be thinking of you at 10.30, Griff
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 11:29 AM
I feel so guilty having a siesta - it's not me at all!! I will try though
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2016, 12:13 PM
I know, I was exactly the same, but just having that time out really does make you feel better and you're not so drained and worn out by the time its early evening. Its not every day, but if I feel like it, I do it nowadays.
Everyone been out, on the way back with Mabs and Kesh was coming up to the village and it started spotting, by the time I came off the towpath it was raining pretty hard. Everything done though and they're all with a bone or in Zen's case a raw carrot. So warm even though it is overcast.
Definitely something going on round here, was taking Cariad and Lona up to the football field and a police dog van drove up, parked over the road, no one got out. On the way back the guy had just got out, drugs dog came out of the back and they headed to a wooded area near the railway line
Hoping Griff is OK
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Well I'm meant to be cleaning as my whole house needs hoovering dusting etc
NJ fancy nipping over here with your duster? Please? and Brenda bring your Hoover here
Gnasher don't feel guilty for having a nap. Your body obviously needs it.
Still really grey here. No rain yet, but it's been raining over night, quite heavy too.
TW what a lovely thing to do helping that dog by giving them bones, bet you have a best friend right there
My friend took her cocker to the vets again today as her eyes are all sticky. My friend is really annoyed as she's been taking her for ages now and they give her antibiotics, it clears up for a little while, then starts again, turns out its dry eye, and if not treated properly could make Tilly blind, why have they not tested her before my friend is really cross about it.
Griff hope your doc appointment went well
Moyra, don't know if you have a Sainsbury's near by but if you ask them they will save you boxes, well they do at ours. They tend to recycle them straight away because of government policy.
Tweed not even thinking about the bed weather yet..... I love warm weather
Right really need to get stuff done
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I know, I was exactly the same, but just having that time out really does make you feel better and you're not so drained and worn out by the time its early evening. Its not every day, but if I feel like it, I do it nowadays.
Everyone been out, on the way back with Mabs and Kesh was coming up to the village and it started spotting, by the time I came off the towpath it was raining pretty hard. Everything done though and they're all with a bone or in Zen's case a raw carrot. So warm even though it is overcast.
Definitely something going on round here, was taking Cariad and Lona up to the football field and a police dog van drove up, parked over the road, no one got out. On the way back the guy had just got out, drugs dog came out of the back and they headed to a wooded area near the railway line
Hoping Griff is OK
Ooh NCIS stuff going on round your way
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2016, 12:32 PM
Environment Agency divers yesterday and drugs dog today, nothing on the jungle drums so far and have no idea whats going on
Hoping the cocker's eyes are sorted, thats very nasty if left untreated.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Gnasher, when you eat, don't have tea or coffee and drink orange juice instead, tea and coffee block the absorption of iron from your food but orange juice helps with the uptake of it. As for a siesta....you are recovering, if your body is tired you need the sleep..end of!!
Mandy, i think i would be making a compalint to that vets practice, that is one of the most basic and obvious things you should be looking for with eyes
Nippy, i hope the wee fella has settled down a bit for you now, my pair would be the same though i am sure, when i went to Steves for dinner the other week apparently Kota did nothing but bark Lol my mum was doing her nut
ooooooo TW, i do wonder what is occurring...murder,drugs??? who knows..mind could be a training exercise with combined agencies?
If anyone fancies coming round here to do my cleaning i won't say no Lol. Well, i have ectopic beats in my heart...how exciting Lol apparently my heart is doing extra beats, i did fess up about the chest pain and was told to go to A&E and i just glared at her, she said it was no good rolling my eyes at her..i had to go next time it happened, my theory is that unless pain puts me on the deck i don't go near A&E. She is writing to my consultant as i should have been seen by now and she wants to alert him to the fact i have had chest pain and have extra beats in my heart...just been told to do nothing too strenuous...as if i would anyway Lol
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Good afternoon all
Hope you manage to locate some boxes Moyra pity you couldn't takeoff during the kitchen refit
Ah hope Dillon's paws on the mend soon poor boy and there's news on the car Lynn
TW wonder what's a foot in your neck of the woods with all the police activity
Gnasher. Take it easy mrs a little at a time
Mandy loving Lauryns hair
Griff thinking of you hugs
Sue/Tweed enjoy your easy day
Nippy not long now till your visitors arrive hope the don't eat you out of house n home lol
Brenda great result on the rebate usually the other way round asking for more
Flipping machine locked me out spent half the morning faffing about trying to sort it out still dont know what I did to fix it me and technology just don't mix lol
Well the hubby has arrived home No how are you lol here's the dirty washing what's for eating
Damp and overcast peculiar sky the last couple of nights pink clouds lasting about 20 mins then disappearing very spooky
Hope all poorly peeps and doglets are better soon
Take care stay safe what ever your all up to xxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Hi Norma, blink and you missed the days when OH wasn't there
Griff, is it a good or a bad thing having extra beats, I mean are you limited to how many beats you have in total, and if there are more then are you a gonner earlier
Holby City and Supervet clash tonight, will have to do Supervet on catch up
Well I have Things To Do, but going to have another half hour before I make a move as I cannot be @rsed to move just yet.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >