View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Oh Helena, It looks lovely - you must be so delighted. (I would be).
Lucky Georgie having all that lovely grass to run around on. I am sure that dear Cassie is looking down and thinking what a good job you have done.
I am sure the birdies will come - hopefully that blue tit has started to spread the word, but perhaps he is a greedy bird and has told his mates that there was nothing there so he can keep it all for himself. Watch out for him!!

Perhaps you can get one of those Santa this way signs that are in all the shops these days, cross out the santa and replace with the word Bird Cafe, stick it where the feeder used to be round the side and then they will know the way!!??

PS Who cuts all that grass??!!
xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2007, 10:47 AM
What a tranformation - stripes no less !

Must be great to finally have it finished.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks Jo Lol I've been thinking that too!! The budget won't stretch for one of those ride-ons which I could well do with, but I know a man who can and he only lives up the road, and no, he's not called Dave, coz Dave would never do anything out in the garden, he's more of a workshop guy!!!

Just had a big woodpigeon sitting at the food, which hasn't been touched for 4 days since I moved it. The knowledgeable man over the garden centre said it will take a month for them to include me on their flight path! They know it's there, but it take a while for them to add it on the flight path - apparently!!! He said not to move it again, although I'm very tempted!!!! It's getting better by the day now coz I keep filling that new patio up with huge great big black stone pots, all acers again, it's gonna look fantastic next autumn out there!

Georgie loves rolling on his new lawn, and he actually likes to STAY out there now, whereas neither of them stayed out there in the old garden. Awww, bet Cassie is loving her new garden too under that olive tree!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
What a tranformation - stripes no less !

Must be great to finally have it finished.
Thanks Phil You don't know how much, it got quite scarey in the middle when they kept getting rained off and I was just left with a big square of mud!!! I'm loving those stripes, and he laid the turf especially that way for me! My lawn cutting man has a brilliant mower which does stripes too, so they'll be staying - I hope! I can't wait for those trees to grow either, they look a bit sparse, but you can't plant trees close together for when they get bigger I suppose can you? I decided where everything was going to go and I actually planted them with their help, blooming hard work that was!!!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Oh don't forget some more photos once things start to get growing.
Acers are gorgeous - my mum has quite a few dotted around her garden - the beautiful red ones look so lovely in the autumn. But don't be wishing away for that - look forward to sunny days of the summer first, sitting on that patio.

xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Lol no, but I AM a winter girl Jo!!!!

I've just entered my garden with before and after pics in the Gardenanswers magazine!!! Dave bought me the magazine last week-end, and they were asking for reader's pics of big transformations and I think this is just that, so we'll wait and see!!

I've planted some more big acers in pots on the patio, one of which is the feathery, bushy one which goes the most gorgeous crimson at this time of year, it's just starting now, so when it gets to it's full glory I will post a picy of that little baby!!!!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Wow beautiful garden, I am very envious
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks Katie It's taken 20 odd years for me to have a garden like this You'll get yours one day!!!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 04:10 PM
what a beautifull house and garden,you wait till the summer and youre sitting out in the sun,the winter and spring colours with be amazing.good job mate you deserve it xx toni xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks toni I'm glad we did it when we did, coz it was very short lived, the beauty of the reds and ambers - now I'm left with bare twigs sticking up out of the ground! LOl! The bamboo have taken really well, but of course the trees being deciduous (I'm just showing off now!!) have lost their red leaves.

I've planted lots more on the patio now, and they seem to still have all of theirs, so I'll take another pic when I get a new battery for the camera
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >