Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Waste not want not.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Disabled spaces - keep outta them. Parent and child spaces - I park as far away as possible because the trolley slalom among free range 2 year olds isn't something I consider fun but what DOES annoy me immensely is the fact that something that is, to be brutal, a marketing gimmick is now seized upon hysterically as some massive right worth of screaming bickerfests over who deserves/doesn't deserve to use them. The number of threads all over the internet about "so and so looked at me funny because I parked in a P+C space and only had one child"... "a MAN parked in a P+C space and got out with a kid - but I deserve it more"... "someone with a 6 year old parked in one and that's not faaaaaaiiiiir".... grrrr!

Reduced stuff - I'm not selfish and take the lot (Tesco never reduce stuff THAT massively) but if I can use it - yep.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Reduced stuff - I'm not selfish and take the lot (Tesco never reduce stuff THAT massively) but if I can use it - yep.
Well what do you think the people who take the lot do with it, throw it away?

Still cannot understand why people think that buying something that is on sale is somehow selfish?!

A total mystery to me.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Just back from Tescos-they were then reducing the flowers -90% off!

I got a large bouquet reduced from £15 to £1.50 and three small bunches for me. The bouquet was for my friend who I'm taking into hospital on Wednesday as she has to have a lump removed. She was so pleased when I dropped them off on my way home-she said nobody had bought her a bouquet before-aah!

Another lady had bought the remaining 3 of the large bouquets so I didn't feel too greedy!
I think it is because I am very sensitive so I take on board other people's comments/critiscisms when I shouldn't.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Just back from Tescos-they were then reducing the flowers -90% off!

I got a large bouquet reduced from £15 to £1.50 and three small bunches for me. The bouquet was for my friend who I'm taking into hospital on Wednesday as she has to have a lump removed. She was so pleased when I dropped them off on my way home-she said nobody had bought her a bouquet before-aah!

So your actions made someone happy, hmmm difficult to see how that is selfish.

Another lady had bought the remaining 3 of the large bouquets so I didn't feel too greedy!

Buying what is somebody has to sell is not greedy!It is commerce!

I think it is because I am very sensitive so I take on board other people's comments/critiscisms when I shouldn't.

Remember what Eleanor Roosevelt used to say "nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission"

An opinion is just that, an opinion, it may be informed or uninformed, but it ain't a fact and, as you don't know most people on forums from Adam, who cares?

the opinions which count are those which are important to you because you are important to them, ie family and friends.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2011, 06:57 PM
What IS unethical, as someone already mentioned, is the amount of food which is thrown away every night. (I used to work on the dairy section at the Co-op!)

I think the ridiculous sell by, use by, and best before are being over-hauled, and good thing too. (Co-op don't discriminate, and chuck them all in the bin.)
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Remember what Eleanor Roosevelt used to say "nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission"

An opinion is just that, an opinion, it may be informed or uninformed, but it ain't a fact and, as you don't know most people on forums from Adam, who cares?

the opinions which count are those which are important to you because you are important to them, ie family and friends.
Thanks for that SB. It was my Sister's opinion though-that's the trouble. I think she is just jealous that the customers get the bargains that she had her eye on for when she finishes her shift
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Thanks for that SB. It was my Sister's opinion though-that's the trouble. I think she is just jealous that the customers get the bargains that she had her eye on for when she finishes her shift

I think you might be right, sounds like sour grapes to me. I often wonder why people do not rejoice in the fortunes of others when they expect them to rejoice in the fortunes of themselves........................
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:22 PM
People with no children parking in parent and child spaces really annoys me. As does disabled people parking in parent and child when there are disabled bays.

My son cant walk far, he also needs lifting in and out of the car, the door needs to be wide open as he has an issue with being lifted out of the car if the door isnt open wide. He apparently is not worthy of a blue badge so when i go shopping i NEED the wider spaces.

As for discounted food...its all fair game!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
I think the ridiculous sell by, use by, and best before are being over-hauled, and good thing too. (Co-op don't discriminate, and chuck them all in the bin.)
Yes that really bothers me as well. Some supermarkets barely take 10p off and as a result must have huge bins full of rotting food that someone would have gladly paid 10p for!

At the Co-Op where I used to live, at least one of the managers there was very switched on (and kind) and would reduce everything further to about 20p-50p in the evenings (they closed at 11pm). A lot of people benefitted from that, but other managers weren't so community spirited.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >