Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2012, 10:59 AM

Soup, meat, and six vegetables

Pereg has just had her lunch, as above. I swear that dog eats better than I do!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Lucky Pereg! Can I come for lunch with her!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Sounds yummy. Lucky old pereg xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I swear that dog eats better than I do!
Same in this house I've been known to have beans on toast when they have turkey wings, rice, carrots, and a few chicken necks

We haven't tried them on soup 'tho, was it Mulacatawny or Minestrone
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Lucky Pereg
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Well it is not really soup as you know it! Pereg is fed twice a day and the first meal is a "wet" one with all her various vitamins and supplements, so by trial and error [and Pereg's approval], she has as above, although not normally six different vegetables!

She comes into the kitchen and flonks down on the floor watching while I get all her various stuff together - and the first thing is to put some hot water in her bowl. I then chuck in the three different gelcaps [Omega 3 FBO, Vitamin E, and garlic oil], open and sprinkle in the three different capsules [Milk Thistle, Glucosamine and Chondroitin with MSM, and Green Lipped Mussel], add ¼ tsp of Taurine powder, 1 tsp of "Granulated greens", and 1 tsp of "Natural minerals and trace elements" powder.

Scriggle that together and it ends up as a dark green very aromatic "soup".

Then comes the meat, which is either turkey gizzard, turkey heart, and sometimes turkey liver. Not much [do not forget she is on a diet] so maybe about 60g, which I cut and chuck in the soup. Then go in the vegetables to bulk it all out - usually pumpkin and courgettes but sometimes also frozen green beans. But I forgot to buy and steam/freeze pumpkin so only had a bit left so opened an emergency pack of mixed frozen vegetables and chucked some in.

So the six vegetables were pumpkin, courgettes, green beans, peas, carrots, and sweetcorn. And Pereg does love her veggies!

Meal #2 this evening was a large frozen chicken carcass complete with neck and "tail".

Poor Pereg, I am so mean to her but thinking how she was this time last year, 20.8kg having gained so much since being started on medication, and still seizing so badly - and I look at her now and see a healthy slim Pereg [18.2 on 1 August and maybe even a bit less now] - and coming up to a very special milestone...

...somehow I think I am doing the right thing...