Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2024, 08:04 AM

Friday 1st March 2024

Morning all and a very wet one it is to from here in Lancing. Where is it all coming from? That's what I want to know and why, when we get to a hot summer will they, who ever they are, will be saying we must have a hose pipe ban because we have no water? Especially, as they, who ever they are, are saying the rivers in some places have burst their banks? How can they burst? Surely they just over flow. Yep I am on a roll. Now then just try to have a dry day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2024, 09:12 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

No doubt we will have a drought declared this summer. We have had quite a bit of flooding in our area, fortunately not near me, but I have to think which car to use as some roads near Ben do flood.

It is pouring now so her Ladyship is tucked up in bed having had a mad dash out and then her breakfast. Schoolrun this afternoon so I hope it dries up by then.

Pleased you enjoyed your break Lynn and the weather was kind for you.

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2024, 09:58 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
We're wet here again today too. Our flood plains are doing their job though.
If we were still living in Upwell we would have to do an almost hour diversion as the Welney wash is flooded again but that is what it's there for. Inconvenient if you have to divert though.
The Welney wetland centre is the sister site to Slimbridge.
Mepal, Sutton Gault also very badly flooded some roads closed but Mepal has a bridge over the flood plains so getting to Ely and beyond is much easier.
I will be glad to see some dry weather, washing will be on the airer again today.

Sue I hope your journey is easy this afternoon.

Everyone else have a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2024, 11:03 AM
Good morning everyone

Not much occuring here Hairdressers at 1pm then hopefully if open eyebrows threaded before or after the shop is just around the corner from hairdressers. Before then a trip to the skip to get rid of some large items for a friend of mine Sue (Mom of Burt) who has no car.

Was considering the allotment to finish adding filler to the bench but not today the weather is against anything like that so no go.

May pop into a garden centre before coming home depends what time I am out of hairdressers, fancy somehing bright in one of the big wall planters it always has Ivy in it but want some colour before Geranuiums are ready to go out will then remove the colour into the garden so nothing annual perrenial all the way. LOL

Have a good day all.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2024, 12:05 PM
with all this wet weather, this is why squirrels swim on their backs. That is so they can keep their nuts dry
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2024, 01:10 PM
Aw poor things. I still have some over the back of me where they are going to build so I am pleased they are around still. The sun is out now but for how long who knows? Bet it rains when I have to go to see someone with a dog.lol!!