Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2017, 07:43 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 12th February

Good morning everyone,

June, that is interesting about numbnuts and his pooches! He's got a damn cheek.

Lynn, hope Dillon is ok again after his funny turn of behaviour. Any news for Mark?

Griff, how are things with you, has your hair settled down now?

Norma, Jenny, Brian, Mandy, Kazz , Harvey and Gordon hope you are all ok.

Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very wet and a cold wind blowing today not looking forward to the walk.

Thanks Moyra Dillon seems fine.
Mandy hope the weather stays dry so Liam can have his walk with Rosie.
Harvey sorry the back is bad again and hope OH recovers soon from the flu. Did Lara sleep last night and not alert you to the fox ?
Nice to see you pop in LG and glad all is well with you and yours.
griff hope you are feeling well.
June he has dogs to. He is playing with fire isn't he now reporting you when he has holy terrors parading the window ledges making loads of noise.
It seems to be the small dogs that make the most racket because those of us that have the bigger dogs seem more aware that ours will get the blame for stuff they didn't even do.
There is a lovely little rescue dog from Greece or Portugal that lives in the village the lady had a very old Akita till recently then adopted Sadie after losing Susie. She has been fine with Dillon when meeting but the last time she did grumble at him when he sniffed her rear. Yesterday they touched noses and she snapped at him she got a stern telling off and Dillon got a fuss from the lady and she was most apologetic. She is fine when off lead playing with the dogs belonging to family but gets snappy with some dogs when on lead.
Dillon being one of them. Honeymoon period over and of course none of us know what she has been subjected to previously unlike the little spoilt terrier whose owner thinks it fun to let his dog try to take on the bigger dogs.
Good job Dillon is nimble enough to jump back out of the way and evade his face getting caught by teeth.
Always so proud of him he is so non reactive in those situations. Then the other neighbour was following who we always give room to or cross over hers is a rescue bull breed and it snarls and snaps and lunges so we tucked ourselves up and let her pass. I do wonder how she manages to hold him but she does thankfully.
Dillon just looks at me and says I have been a good boy can I have a treat please.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Its good to know that Dillon will not retaliate in those circumstances Lynn. Teazle is a bit reactive when walking round the roads but has learnt that if she ignores them she gets a treat so is soon glued to my side for it. Funny thing though is if we walk along the sea front or anywhere else there is no reaction to any dog.

Gather your amunition June and then fire all cylinders at him. You will win because you have the other neighbours on your side. It takes more than one to complain I think.

Pleased to see you pop in yesterday Gordon and that you have healed well and all are well in your household

Take care of your back Harvey and hope your wife soon recovers from her bug. Hope Lara was quiet last night.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Dull but dry here and it didn't feelas cold when out. Don't know what is planned for today other than cooking roast chicken and making cakes.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Morning all
I am doing o.k thanks Moyra, the hair is o.k...still not sure what i want to do with it...might chop it all of again Lol
Awww bless Dillon being a good lad, as you say, you don't know what the dog has gone through.
Morning Sue, ooooo cake, yes please!!
Got to go out in a bit and i really don't fancy it Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Had every sort of weather under the sun this morning. Very strong wind, and we've had squally showers, sun is out now and hoping it stays out because I'm off to training with Zen soon.
I am not sure of the current status with Numbnuts, but he will get his definitely. Every dog has its day and a bitch has two as they say.
Dillon is a really good boy isn't he Lynn. Mine are fine if no one barks, but once there is one barking then mine start, Keshi is especially sensitive, we can be walking along and a dog will bark from a garden and she is on her hind legs and jumping up and down. Zens pretty good on the whole, can't fault her really Just Mass Destruction and Fear Of Strangers in her portfolio, and we are making progress with Stranger Danger and Mass Destruction is not as prevalent at all (oh dear what have I said now). She is maturing a bit now as well, 2 years old in May, where did the time go.
Had a bacon butty and mug of tea, then the shower and will get Zen off for a run round, see if whatever it was she rolled in yesterday is gone and then tidy her up before getting off to training. Her BFF,Mischka, is going this week. They were there last week as well and we had to keep them well apart because together they are a nightmare.We are working with Gold Class at present as she can do Silver, just won't let the examiner near her, so can't pass Silver because of it. Mischka passed Silver so the Gruesome Twosome are back together once more.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-02-2017, 03:28 PM
What a grim day here grey and cold and wet.
Done all my Monday jobs today as Gorden working from home tomorrow so if the car is ready to pick up he is about, if not he will take Tuesday off well that is the plan. He has now said he will anyway and leave early Wednesday and be home Tuesday even if the car is back as it's Valentine's day.
Just the hoovering to do when he gets back from b&q with a hinge. He has cut down one of the cupboards from the kitchen to fit round the piece of chipboard that has all the electric wires attached to it in the hall, plus the meter. Just the door now to be cut and fitted.
Another little job off the list.

June hope you enjoy training.
griff hope you get your hair sorted to suit you. must book myself in for a haircut.
We are on and off watching the netflix series Santa Clarita diet it's so funny.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-02-2017, 05:53 PM
'evening all

Had a long lie in this morning, when finally surfaced all the garden was white, only about 1 cm. so not much and all gone now.

Lynn - A dog like Dillon will always be something the smaller dogs bark at, I do believe they are telling rest of pack there's a 'big' creature approaching, snapping and snarling is something else 'tho even then, unless the little dog has been abused, it usually doesn't involve blood, or if there is then it's fangs on ears which bleed like crazy but heal up quickly.

One of the main problems with little dogs is the owners keeping them on a lead, this gives 'little' dog very limited room to manauvere (Sp?) if it was not on a lead it could quickly hide in a bush, or under a fallen tree, it would be safe there and could come out when it felt safe.

I am very pleased with Casey now, he is still very interested in all other dogs but often approaches at a walk and actually stops shortly before getting in 'sniffing' range. I do tell people that he would not be 'off lead' if I had the slightest concern about him. He is a gentle giant and thankfully on Knettishal Heath we generally meet fairly well educated dog owners. Some of the other places we go it's not quite the same, I always keep him on lead around roads and sometimes if I see someone approaching who looks a bit 'dodgy'
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Sue and Tumbleweed, you go on cruises don't you? mum and dad are off in 2018 and mum is thinking of booking a cabin at the rear of the ship/boat/liner thing with the extended balcony...do you recommend anywhere specific for her booking her cabin..is the rear a good idea?
Losos, glad you got a lie in and you got such a massive snowfall Lol..we had some flakes of snow whilst we were out in the car
TW, i am sure zen will grow out of the chewing eventually Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Zen did well today, was really pleased with her. They are doing the Silver Test again next week, but with one of the trainers as examiner instead of bringing one in. Now...it will more than likely work as they have all worked really hard helping me with her and familiarising her with others. But....I feel it is cheating as the test is a stranger handling her, i.e. a vet. They say I am over thinking, but I do know that to me it is bending the rules in my favour, and I would be fuming if someone passed who shouldn't have done. Its already happened, and there are people in the Silver Class,who to me shouldn't be, as their dogs are not able to perform the recall away from a distraction, in fact they become the distraction as they lap the field and everyone has to stop whilst its caught, which can take ages in one particular case. Then again, having worked with Zen in the Gold Class already I know she is ready and has the ability to work in the class without causing problems. Not saying she is perfect, far from it, she is getting bored in Silver because she can do whats required without giving it much thought, in fact she is pre-empting me in some cases. So no idea what to do. She will pass the silver stood on her head, but if a real stranger came up and did a 'vet check' on her she would fail.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Norma, Jenny, Brian, Mandy, Kazz , Harvey and Gordon hope you are all ok.
Thanks Moyra, was thinking about you today when you had your little farm, would have been hard getting out in this weather, bet your glad that's behind you now even if the summers were good.

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
It takes more than one to complain I think.
I am sure you are right Sue, I really can't see council taking any action on just one persons word. More of a problem for June is the bloke damaging fence and gate and exhibiting himself.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
..might chop it all of again Lol
Oh nooooooooooo, that wouldn't look good

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Zens pretty good on the whole, can't fault her really Just Mass Destruction and Fear Of Strangers in her portfolio
I'm sure the trainning will help with the 'fear of strangers' thing.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
What a grim day here grey and cold and wet.
Yes, had to do a bit of food shopping today as SWMBO wasn't feeling up to it yesterday and as I drove to Thetford I was thinking what a grey, wet, cold, miserable day, but Spring can't be far away

Keep warm everyone, enjoy the remaining weekend, hope there's something to please you on TV (Unlikely but you never know) see you soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >