Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2024, 06:33 AM

Thursday 11/04/24.

Morning everyone on this overcast morning in the Fens.
A friend is popping round later while she is dog sitting in March.
She is a Bernese owner her girl is at home with her husband and their Bulldog and her other dog.
Tomorrow we pick up the car the mechanic is bypassing the angle sensor for now so we cannot use the 4x4 function but it can be driven the same as a car without a 4x4 option.
He will be sourcing the part for us not expensive but not easy to obtain the same old story.
Once sourced it will be fitted and it will then tell us if the back differential has been damaged which he thinks it most likely hasn't, knowing our luck though we won't hold our breath.
He will call the warranty people to see if the sensor is covered and the back differential if damaged.

Not a lot going on today apart from my friend dropping in for a catch up.

brenda I hope you get a dry and less windy walk today.
Kazz I think the extra pound or two does affect our hips and knees but sometimes it can come down to the way we walk and hold our body if recovering from an injury or another painful body part through getting older.
Chris it sounds as if the medication isn't helping if you did so well before with the weight loss.
Sue enjoy your day will it be a busy one today ?
griff possibly your struggle with weight loss is your medical problems and medication too.
Do I remember reading you are off to the Dr today ? Hope it goes well if that is right.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2024, 07:09 AM
Morning Lynn and all to follow. I think weight is caused by a factor of things. Age, diet, exercise, maybe not enough, medication and mood swings. For me if I cut out chocolate and wine I can lose weight. After yesterday eating and drinking I put on a pound so for the next week I will go back to cutting out the two main things and also to many biscuits with my coffee. Why do I always have to have a biscuit with coffee? No idea but I will cut down on those. Mind you I also think genetics has a lot to answer for. All my family are short plump people.lol!! Have a good day peeps and have what you fancy but in moderation. As someone said to me life is to short to worry. But losing some weight will prolong that life if you want to. Goodness I sound like a, whatever are those people are called? Right off to drink my coffee minus the biscuits because I have just had a healthy breakfast of bran flakes, low fat yogurt and a spoonful of honey. Byee xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2024, 07:46 AM
Morning brenda yes so many factors.
As you say everything in moderation but don't deny yourself completely.
Your breakfast sounds lovely, enjoy the coffee minus the biscuits.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Good morning Lynn and Brenda. Enjoy your chat today Lynn

Enjoy your coffee mnus the biscuit Brenda. Hope. you manage to get a dry walk in sometime today.

Damp and miserable here this morning. Teazle walked and that is about all that I will be doing until I go out this afternoon to take Maria to gymnastics. I try to keep my weight at out the same level but it seems to be easier to put on than take off. Looking forward to better weather then I can get out in the garden more as there is plenty to do out there but find I cannot spend as long doing it now. Getting older is no fun

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2024, 08:48 AM
Morning Sue after a dull start here the sun is now shining. How long is anyone's guess.
We have lots to do in the garden but like you say the weather doesn't allow and also like you we do not have the stamina to do things for as long as we used to.

Enjoy your rest until duties this afternoon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Good evening all

It was a gorgeous morning here but clouded over this afternoon.

Apparently, we should have it nice here until the weekend at least. Everything crossed the forecasts are right

Nowt much to talk about as we always do the same things. What an adventurous life we lead