Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
It is the comment about how all vegetarians only do it for their own self satisfaction that leads me to that conclusion!! I have no issue with anyone starting to eat meat again if they want to and happily agree eat what you want but then don't say I am only veggie for that reason! I eat what I too just doesn't include meat. There's no smugness or self satisfaction involved!
Agree with you, I don't feel self satisfied.. I am a veggie, simply because I don't like the taste or feel of meat and never have really. I don't eat it and don't hanker after it at all... I feed my dogs raw meat, my parents eat meat, but I don't feel the need to do so... I eat what I like and that is not meat. But I don't really care if someone likes meat and eats it, everyone has their own choices to make
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:12 AM
At no point in time will everyone be vegetarian or vegan but I would love for the mass production to stop. The supermarkets have made meat too cheap and forced corners to be cut.
Agree completely!

I think what has to stop is people assuming they have a RIGHT to cheap meat. That a chicken should cost less than 2 loaves of bread etc.

I know someone who is a crofter in Scotland, who produces a small number of rare breed pigs every year. They are having to give this up (it one of the only forms of income they have) due to people wanting a (live) pig for less than £60, despite it costing £60 for them to rear the pig. People are expecting to buy the pigs for £20/30. Ridiculous!
Stonehead Croft
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:14 AM
It is the comment about how all vegetarians only do it for their own self satisfaction that leads me to that conclusion!! I have no issue with anyone starting to eat meat again if they want to and happily agree eat what you want but then don't say I am only veggie for that reason! I eat what I too just doesn't include meat. There's no smugness or self satisfaction involved!
doesnt matter to me why people dont eat meat,like i it doesnt matter to me what sexuality peeps are.

eta... i can still go weeks without eating meat...i just let myself have some if i want it
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Well when I was a Veggie I didn't eat fish either, to me thats a true veggie .

I don't see the harm in people doing what they want, my sister has been a Vegan for over 30 years, when I cook anything she is going to eat I make sure its Vegan stuff.....I don't preach to her and she doesn't preach to me.

Not sure why Veggies or Vegans should feel us meat eaters '''don't get it'''

Surely thats abit like me saying ''I smoke....don't get why you don't''.

I have to say maybe some of you feel that people '''don't get it''' but alot of us do...
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-02-2010, 10:18 AM
But it taste soooo GOOD!!! MMMMMMMMM CHICKEN
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
But it taste soooo GOOD!!! MMMMMMMMM CHICKEN
Errr that'll be why
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
eh???? why not? its not a religion

i didnt eat meat for 15years (fish either) so was i never a 'true veggie'
and no Pidge i dont need to justify anything to myself...if i fancy something i will eat it,if i dont i wont.

I was like that....but I think it was only about 5/6 years. I am not a greta meat eater - but I go through phases of wanting it - I always think your body tells you what you need to eat - sometimes I just crave veg...sometimes its meat...
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I was like that....but I think it was only about 5/6 years. I am not a greta meat eater - but I go through phases of wanting it - I always think your body tells you what you need to eat - sometimes I just crave veg...sometimes its meat...
doesnt it just!!... my body screams out for marmite(i hated it as a kid) i think my body tells me when i need me b-vits lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Do veggies and vegans feed their dogs meat? No I`m not having a dig, - just interested.
(I did when I was a vegetarian)
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm not a veggie, neither are my kids, but my partner is and has been since before we met. I feed my dogs on raw meat and he agrees that that's the best thing for them. I get most of our meat from our local butcher and it's locallyy sourced meat. I don't buy meat that is anything but British as other countries don't have the same welfare standards as us. When we move somewhere more rural I plan to raise chickens organically and we will eat them (so long as the OH doesn't name them that is!)
Page 11 of 25 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »