Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 09:58 AM
leave a house line on him!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 07:26 PM
LOL it must be a lab thing Gemma's exactly the same the best way we've found is when she wont leave or let us take it we just walk away ,gaurenteed within 10 seconds she's dropped it ,its more frustrating for ruby (our collie )as she mastered bringing and dropping in one lesson
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Resing this has cheered me up as I realise I'm not alone. Hannah often won't bring her ball back unless I go through the house to the front door & pretend to go out. Then we have the battle of her releasing the ball. As I can't walk far I need her to play ball to get enough exercise but whereas ten throws with my others have taken no more than quarter of an hour, with her its often over an hour so she really doesn't get enough & I never enjoy the sessions like I have with all my others. Have tried two balls but she keeps one while she runs after the other & then I have to struggle down the garden to collect the second ball.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Resing this has cheered me up as I realise I'm not alone. Hannah often won't bring her ball back unless I go through the house to the front door & pretend to go out. Then we have the battle of her releasing the ball. As I can't walk far I need her to play ball to get enough exercise but whereas ten throws with my others have taken no more than quarter of an hour, with her its often over an hour so she really doesn't get enough & I never enjoy the sessions like I have with all my others. Have tried two balls but she keeps one while she runs after the other & then I have to struggle down the garden to collect the second ball.

Have you tired my Master plan?
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Learnt today that if I blow a raspberry at Dingo he drops whatever is in his mouth to have a look to see what is in mine. Maybe you should try that one. LOL, works for me.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Have you tired my Master plan?
Problem is if I touch the rope she pulls & if A hold her collar & my walking frame I haven't got another hand to hold the ball or the rope & if she drops it & I let her go to pick it up 9 times out of ten she beats me to it. Still yesterday she was better than usual. It was as if she'd read this
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Problem is if I touch the rope she pulls & if A hold her collar & my walking frame I haven't got another hand to hold the ball or the rope & if she drops it & I let her go to pick it up 9 times out of ten she beats me to it. Still yesterday she was better than usual. It was as if she'd read this

you can do it sittting down, just draw her in, holding her collar, until her shoulders firmly make contact with your legs, rember to relax the other hand!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
you can do it sittting down, just draw her in, holding her collar, until her shoulders firmly make contact with your legs, rember to relax the other hand!
We achieved it today It took a few minutes but she did eventually let go. Thanks
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 11:55 AM
We achieved it today It took a few minutes but she did eventually let go. Thanks
YEY!!!!!!!!!! practise!!!!! remeber to relax the toy!!!!!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4