Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mad_molly2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2008, 08:18 AM

Advice needed

good morning all. Just after a bit of advice if poss

After taking Max and Molly out yesterday, I noticed that Max was limping slightly. It's only when he is trotting, it is not noticeable when walking or galloping. I checked him over and there were no signs of injury to leg or pad and it doesn't seem to bother him at all as he is still tearing round the house with Molly like a loony, so I think he might have strained it or something.

Anyway, when I took them out this morning, he is still limping (no worse, no better). As it isn't bothering him, I thought i'd rest him over the weekend and see how it is on Monday and then take him to the vets if theres no improvement.

Is there anything else I can do to help in the meantime?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I suppose it depends where the pain is coming from. My mum massages our family dogs hips when he is a bit stiff and it seems to help, and he loves it!
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2008, 08:21 AM
I think you are doing the right thing. He has probably just jumped it. This happened to our dog and it sorted itself out in a couple of days.
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Have you checked his feet? He might have something stuck there which gives him pain or discomfort.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Is he limping all the time or every now and then? Is he carrying the leg or just not putting weight on it? Is it there all day or is it worse after rest? Can he stand on it if you lift the other leg, try but take care you don't unbalance him or get bitten.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Ben was like that last week, just rest it (if you can ) he was fine in a few days