View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:30 PM

Sweet Pea my Cockatiel & Summer my Lory - PICS!

Thought i'd share some pictures of Sweet Pea my adorable little cockatiel and Summer my lory taken last night

And Summer who has recently been DNA tested as male, oops!!

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Thought i'd share some pictures of Sweet Pea my adorable little cockatiel and Summer my lory taken last night

And Summer who has recently been DNA tested as male, oops!!

DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Great piccies - their bootiful, and erm big opps
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:45 PM
I am a terrible owner....! He even says "Hello Summer, good girl".... Major oops
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 07:09 PM
My Mum has a cockatiel and a red rump. The cockatiel just makes one noise which is really loud and really annoying (sounds like a "waaah!" noise), does yours make different noises (apart from talking which ours doesnt do)?

The redrump sings some different tunes and is quite nice to listen to when he's chirruping away.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
My Mum has a cockatiel and a red rump. The cockatiel just makes one noise which is really loud and really annoying (sounds like a "waaah!" noise), does yours make different noises (apart from talking which ours doesnt do)?

The redrump sings some different tunes and is quite nice to listen to when he's chirruping away.
I have two cockatiels and neither are very loud. The male one is a bit of a drama queen, he never adapted well to cage life I have been looking for a suitable aviary to rehome him to for a year or so now as he's not happy I dont think. He just makes a very loud screeching call when he's alarmed, but usually he's silent. I never heard a sound from Sweet Pea except from when she's out when she chirps at me, literally! Here's a video with her cute chattering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RG9prk5GNM
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Aww sweet pea looks just like my old cockatiel, Jerry. Lovely birdies
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 12:55 PM
We owned two Cockatiels once - it was a favour to a neighbour who couldn't keep them any longer. Yeaah they ended up going back tot hem as my brother worked nights and they kept him away

My Dad used to breed Cockatiels and Budgies before my older siblings came along...as well as tropical fish

Beautiful Lory? Lovely markings
Sweet Pea must live up to her name
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Our cockatiel doesnt make any sounds like yours in the video, she just does one really loud 'tweet' over and over again, sometimes it genuinely gives you a headache and seems to penetrate right into the depths of your brain!

She was a rescue and TBH, my Mum does nothing but complain about the noise (a risk you take IMO when you decide to have birds and I remember how angry she used to get with the budgies years ago).

I'll sort a picture out, she's not as pretty as Sweet Pea though (and the Lory is beautiful!)
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Here's Elle (formerly Lala):

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >