Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:06 AM

Fleas!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!

I regularly check my JRT for fleas and yesterday had to kill 3!!
What do you find is the most efficent way of stopping them for the dag and for the flat? I have tried spot on and he is too young for sprays and powders at the moment. I have sprayed all the furniture, his bed, his rug and all the carpets but i am paranoid now. Please help
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:12 AM
My dogs came out of kennels a week ago and I found 1 flea on one of them so I used frontline and havn't seen anymore since.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Frontline combo spot on, it protects your dog as well as your home. I have used it on Zuki her whole life and she has never had fleas, not even one. I will use it on Baku too. When I rescued a kitten a few years ago he was so infested they were running on his eyes, it was gross and my house in turn got infested and so I used a thing called a bomb, in each of the rooms, its a spray can that you let off in a room, leave, close the door, and any flea who is in that room is terminated by the spray. As for the cat I used frontline combo and he was well enough to be rehomed.
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Can you only get frontline fron the vet? Might have to give it a go cos i am gettin really freaked out about it all just wanna kill them all :smt075
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:16 AM
I bought a brilliant steamer a year ago , so everything in my house gets steamed, i dont think you can fully eradicate them dogs will pick them up from all sorts of places, but we can keep on top of it and make it harder for the little blighters
there is a new Advocate out,, dont know how good it is but says it kills all fleas, maybe worth a try.
huggles
b-eye
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:16 AM
frontlinline spray can be used from 4 weeks old.. have always used it (12 years).. never had a problem.. been a bit of contraversy about the spot on stuff. and yes.. you have to get it from your vet.
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by sanchez
Can you only get frontline fron the vet? Might have to give it a go cos i am gettin really freaked out about it all just wanna kill them all :smt075
Hi we have just bought some more frontline for fleas, ticks, and lice for treatment + prevention i find it works for my dogs you can buy it now from other places not just your vets
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 01:35 PM
I haven't had to use any flea treatment yet for Suki - as she's short haired it's very easy to check her though. She has garlic in her diet regularly, which is apparently a natural flea treatment. But cats obviously can't have it.

Program is a good flea treatment, we used to use it on the cats - it renders the flea infertile therefore it just dies. Was the most effective one I've ever used before - but I think it's only available on prescription.