Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 06:18 PM

Dog tracking collar new on market

Hi all, though you might be interested in this new tracking collar? Hope it's ok to put this up, but I'm sure they will remove it if not Take a look it's very interesting especially for straying dogs!
http://www.environmental-studies.de/...lar/dog-1.html
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2005, 07:08 PM
That looks like a good idea Helen,but a bit pricy!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 07:42 PM
How much then Steve? Would I have enough left to do more shopping!! I couldn't find a price, and anyway my dogs never disappear from my side, but if they did I might be interested in one of these - a friend sent me this website I'm sure Vegas doesn't stray too far either when out with his favourite Dad does he?!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Not quite sure why you would need one though, if the dog was stolen the thieves would no doubt remove the collar and if I lost my dog I would probably have a heart attack anyway
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-12-2005, 07:56 PM
The problem with GPS is that the device needs to be able to see the GPS satellites (I think it needs a minimum of 5 GPS satellites to get a reasonable fix - the more satellites it can see, the more accurate the fix is).

Unless the dog is in the open, the results won't be that good.

Prices:

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Not quite sure why you would need one though, if the dog was stolen the thieves would no doubt remove the collar and if I lost my dog I would probably have a heart attack anyway
Lol mini! Yes I know they would remove the collar, and I too would probably have a heart attack, but there are lots of people who just "lose" their dogs out in the open. I have seen it many a time up on the Downs where I go. One bloke spent 3 hours looking for his the other day, as he had gone off rabitting in the woods!

Thanks for all that info Roy, and Wow aren't they expensive! Glad I don't need one then

p.s. just another thing I thought of, it might be useful if your dog escaped from the car in a town maybe? Or if you somehow lost it in a town?
cayugawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2005, 07:08 PM
love the idea. Does it come in pink so teenage daughter will wear it when she is out at the weekend!!
Lynn
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2005, 12:11 PM
:smt044:smt044:smt044 That's an even better idea for it I think!
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Would a collar like this not also make it easier to find by theives
Somebody thats gunna fork out that much for there dog to be safe is also likely to fork out a hefty ransom to get there loved dog back once its been tracked and nicked!