View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 06:40 PM
What a wonderful location for such an event!

We did the 10 mile walking route last time we were there and it was lovely, some great scenery and paths .

Can't make it myself, but have a great time everyone!
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-10-2011, 07:42 AM
I found the helpline at Snowpaws was really, well, helpful!

If you can afford the human belt, I would really recommend it...the one with leg straps to stop the belt riding up. It is so much more comfortable than holding a lead. I have been using one constantly with my recovering pointer for three months for walking and running (well I run, and she trots, occasionally giving me despairing glances over her shoulder at my lack of pace.). So even if you decide not to carry on with Canix, it makes on-lead walking much more comfortable.
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2011, 10:05 AM
My OH bought the CaniX Eurolite Waist Belt from Snowpaw the other week. t looks a bit weird but he loves it, says it doesn't move about at all & is extremely light to wear, way more comfortable than the Manmat belt he was using
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 08:23 PM
How did he get on? Did he enjoy it?
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
How did he get on? Did he enjoy it?
Yes, they both loved it thanks Slow compared to most but a respectable 31mins for 6.1k on Sunday. Unfortunately he took the wrong path during Saturday's race & ended up doing over 10k instead of 6 He didn't get lost on Sunday though & even the weather was much better Most of the forthcoming events are miles away from us though & it will be difficult to get to another before Hamsterley Forest next Feb due to other commitments. Some very fast dogs & runners there for sure!
We met up with another dogsey runner doing her first event too which was nice. Hopefully she will come on & tell you how she got on
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by bint View Post
Yes, they both loved it thanks Slow compared to most but a respectable 31mins for 6.1k on Sunday. Unfortunately he took the wrong path during Saturday's race & ended up doing over 10k instead of 6 He didn't get lost on Sunday though & even the weather was much better Most of the forthcoming events are miles away from us though & it will be difficult to get to another before Hamsterley Forest next Feb due to other commitments. Some very fast dogs & runners there for sure!
We met up with another dogsey runner doing her first event too which was nice. Hopefully she will come on & tell you how she got on
sounds good!!
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2011, 02:53 PM
We had a great time at our first CaniX event at Grizedale! Only regret was running on the Sunday only and not making a weekend of it. Still, we've got another to look forward to in February. I've been really busy with work this last couple of weeks, but I'm trying to get a blog post together, with a bit of video from the day. I'll post a link when it's done.

It was lovely to meet bint and her OH, along with the gorgeous Alfy and Uzo!
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2011, 04:36 PM
would love to see some pics ??
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Was nice to meet you & family too honeytone & of course the lovely Murphy
Originally Posted by rough View Post
would love to see some pics ??
I didn't get any unfortunately. I've been told there will be some posted on flickr, hopefully soon
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Here's my blog post for Grizedale CaniX...

http://www.canicross-adventures.co.u...le-canix-2011/
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >