Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
To be honest, BangKaew, it appears that he kicks them to wind them up and make them react.

Wys
x
No way is it to wind them up

It is obvious from the way the dogs react that they have previously been conditioned to respond to the kick - hence the big reaction.
I would say the complete opposite. The dogs have never been nudged and that is why they are shocked. They can not believe someone is actually enforcing something. A dog that is used to physical punishment does not react like that IMO
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by BangKaew View Post
I have seen the majority of his shows and he only nudges them to either snap them out of it or to dominate them, never for a reaction! He uses techniques another dog would and therefore does dominate when necessary. IMO You show me a youtube clip where he does it for a reaction and I will happily agree with you.
Check out the Shadow episode, the dog was doing nothing before he got a 'nudge' in the guts!
Becky
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 11:44 AM
He uses techniques another dog would
I have NEVER seen a dog kick another dog. Nor have I seen them jab each other in the neck and Tsst each other. Nor have I seen a dog string another dog up by a choke chain and hang it there until it passes out. Or stick certain collars on each other and press a button to cause discomfort or pain.

Oh yes, his methods are most definitely the same ones another dog would use....
Corinthian
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Are you telling me that you have never seen a dog do a finger strike to the kidneys of another dog???

I'm losing my faith in television.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2011, 09:17 PM
A lot of that i can't see hurting the dog, it just seems to catch them off guard so they get knocked of balance. It is a little hard though and i'm not particulary a fan of his methods but i don't think it hurt them
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-07-2011, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I have NEVER seen a dog kick another dog. Nor have I seen them jab each other in the neck and Tsst each other. Nor have I seen a dog string another dog up by a choke chain and hang it there until it passes out. Or stick certain collars on each other and press a button to cause discomfort or pain.

Oh yes, his methods are most definitely the same ones another dog would use....
What sort of dog have you got! ? My dog can do that easy. He also drives me around town so I can chill out in the back!

No but seriously, Cesar can not use his mouth so he uses his fingers. Show me an episode where the dog passed out. With the Jindo and the Malamut he has to pull them up in order not to be bitten. I mean these dogs had been shown a lot of love and I really do not think anyone else could have rehabilitated them. Maybe they could but Cesar did it the way another dog would. It might not be ok to some people but that is How dogs do it. By saying, I make the rules around here.

When our second dog would even look like biting the sofa, the older dog would go to bite him. Never happened because the young dog scarpered!

I do not have a problem with Tsst.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Show me an episode where the dog passed out.
I'm not sure how to say this but watch the
SHADOW
episode.
Becky
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
The problem comes that because it is said on the TV, a lot do believe it and hang on every word
Yes, it is a shame ...

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 06:30 AM
No way is it to wind them up
Yes way - he does it for the programme.

Think about it

I would say the complete opposite. The dogs have never been nudged and that is why they are shocked. They can not believe someone is actually enforcing something. A dog that is used to physical punishment does not react like that IMO
But how do you know this, and what are you basing this on?
Those who have animal/dog training/behaviour knowledge can see and also know that this is not correct.

It is correct in Cesar's world maybe, but not in the real world ...

I will see if I can find that thread with the clip in it, perhaps that will help to convince you that CM is not all he seems

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 06:39 AM

With the Jindo and the Malamut he has to pull them up in order not to be bitten.
Let's take the Jindo episode.

Firstly do you know the background? I believe there was no actual problem, if I recall correctly, but it was just that the owner believed he needed to be able to roll his dog over, and the dog would not let him. Apart from that, I do not recall anything being wrong.

Put yourself in the place of the dog for a moment...

A stranger enters with tv cameras into what you feel is your safe home.
Your owner allows the stranger to haul you about, bully you and force you, to the point where you show extreme fear...
He forces you

How do you feel afterwards? do you trust your owner? strangers?

Here is some info on the Jindo episode.

http://www.4pawsu.com/cesarfans.htm

" Many dogs that offer avoidance behaviors at the start of the show are often pushed to the point of aggression."

"One disturbing example is JonBee, a Jindo who is forced to lie on his side. After a significant and dangerous struggle (during which the dog appears to have urinated), the dog finally gives up and allows himself to be rolled over."

" However, the dog is not relaxed. Quite the opposite. The dog exhibits all of the signs of stress listed in the previous article, and is exhibiting a phenomenon known as learned helplessness, sometimes referred to by trainers as "shut down."

This is about JonBee:

"JonBee, muzzled, is lifted off the ground by a choke chain, a procedure known as "stringing up". Prior to this, the dog had been attempting to avoid interaction with the star completely. JonBee was later given up to a rescue group by his owners."

I personally found it hard to watch, because when you take away the words, all that is left is a small cruel boy pulling wings off a butterfly and getting paid a lot of money to provide drama for tv viewers...

Wys
x
Page 35 of 49 « First < 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 > Last »