Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It is only my business if they are FRAUDULENTLY claiming benefit.
Its not about who's businuss it is or its isn't, it's about the injustice and frustration some feel seeing a system abused!

And surprisingly , it can be abused legally as well as illegally!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 09:21 AM
But as I said before if you wish to spend your life railing against injustice and constantly frustrated that is your choice.

There are no END of injustices in this world.

As DD said how we CHOOSE to spend our waking hours is up to the individual.

I prefer to spend mine not focusing on injustice or being frustrated!

I focus on how I can help myself and others to a better life, as life is too short to waste!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 09:22 AM
I can appreciate the frustration some may feel regarding benefits. From a mums point of view watching her child suffer for 4 months without benefits, being forced into appealing because the system was in the middle of re registering her support was disgusting, I have to say was a very worrying time and if she didn't have us she quite literally could have done some thing stupid, I went to the appeal and met with one of the support workers there,it was a very serious appointment with a county Judge in place making the final decisions, thankfully it was ruled on the support workers diagnosis, but for 4 months we went through the mill, and it will take 15 weeks ! for the money due to be paid back...relief isn't the word to describe how we felt.
I feelso sorry for the people who are genuine and have to be put through this type of system...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
But as I said before if you wish to spend your life railing against injustice and constantly frustrated that is your choice.

There are no END of injustices in this world.
As DD said how we CHOOSE to spend our waking hours is up to the individual.

I prefer to spend mine not focusing on injustice or being frustrated!

I focus on how I can help myself and others to a better life, as life is too short to waste!
That's very true, and some rattle more then others, those closer to home seem to be the ones that rattle most of us.

As for spending my life focusing on those who abuse the benefit system, along with many other things in life I CHOOSE to have a rant about it when and if it arises in my direction.............as with this thread.

Tomorrow, I may CHOOSE to lead a crusade about something else that rattles me
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
I can appreciate the frustration some may feel regarding benefits. From a mums point of view watching her child suffer for 4 months without benefits, being forced into appealing because the system was in the middle of re registering her support was disgusting, I have to say was a very worrying time and if she didn't have us she quite literally could have done some thing stupid, I went to the appeal and met with one of the support workers there,it was a very serious appointment with a county Judge in place making the final decisions, thankfully it was ruled on the support workers diagnosis, but for 4 months we went through the mill, and it will take 15 weeks ! for the money due to be paid back...relief isn't the word to describe how we felt.
I feelso sorry for the people who are genuine and have to be put through this type of system...
And the reason you all had to go through that was because..... of the abuse of the benefit /invalidity system.

It has been forced to re-evaluate claimants because so many claim, and are not deserving.

As with all abuse, the innocent pay the price1
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
And the reason you all had to go through that was because..... of the abuse of the benefit /invalidity system.

It has been forced to re-evaluate claimants because so many claim, and are not deserving.

As with all abuse, the innocent pay the price1
Yes, when I worked at the Post Office my friend's husband had a severe spinal and leg injuries due to a RTA in which he was the innocent party. He had to go to medicals every so often for his benefits and the doctors used to apologise for what they had to put him through because of the ones who were abusing the system.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the people who have explaibed that they have kept horses cheaply or know of others that do, thats what I was worried about, In think I worry to much about other peoples animals, but then maybe that will help wheb I start volunteering at a animal sanctuary (only one day a fortnight to begin with), and if people think that those on here have beeb judgemental, well when I was 17 I was living in a B + B in Oxford, when I was there I was badly depressed but on a course to help me look for a job, when I was there someone was murdered in the next road where I spent a lot of my time, I was also approached by someone in Florence park who asked my age and didn't leave me alone until I told him whi then said I was too young, the police even rocked up at my room once as their was concerns I was gonna attempt suicide again after I had been sat in there drinking all day, and I couldn't get hold of any family members as the last time I spoke to my mum she deleted all their numbers, and when I managed to get money to be able to get to the council offices 14 miles away which I was told that if I didn't there at a certain time one day I would loose my room at the b + b too I had to sit face to face with a woman from the council who just turned and said to me 'well I would ve depressed if I didn't work aswell' and preceeded to make me feel so small, and then I found out was famous for it, I have been embarresed and ashamed of being on benefits, and I have done that life, it gave me many experiences doing that life, and I wish that the only judgemental things about it where what I read on a forum, it would of made my life a bit easier.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I think everyone needs to appreciate what they have as it can be taken away in an instance and anyone who thinks they are safe are living in cloud cuckoo land!!
Becky
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Thats right Becky, someone wise once told me that homelessness is just the other side of the front door, and even though I've never been on the street I've considered myself homeless before, sofa surfing is not the best thing to do, but its not the worst and even when I slept in a bed I remember the man of the house trying to follow me into the room when his wife and son where in hospital, I've had to fight for what I have and have been taken advantage of before, one of my 'friends' in witney was with a man called Dave and if I remember right his surname was Ascot (he was a car driving instructor) arranged for me to move into a house with them, a week before it was all due to happen I found out he was going on trail when another friend rang me one night and for why, but I know what little I have now can be taken away in no time, and it makes me appreiate it all the more.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
My , you go away from a thread and what happens when you come back, an onslaught of bullying by SB and Dobermann on a member because she dares to have an opinion different to theirs.
bullying how? By asking someone who has commented on how much money lone parents get as to how they think they will get off benefits....well theres a new definition of bullying You best toddle off to report us to Azz then.
DD has her own opinion as does the rest of us, she is entitled to it, so are weshe does not deserve to have the spanish inquisition thrown on her head for it, by you both, how dare she see it differently that you,she can see it differently by making comments about lone parents and their incomes yet not explain....well, yes, thats up to her alright and acknowledge the fact that some people abuse the system
I commented myself on how there are some people who abuse the system so not sure how that comes into things...
Dobermann
I am not going to go into a full blown response regarding your character assassination of me, because your ranting opinion matter not a jot
Its not a rant as I was calm at the time I wrote that. You feel its ok to insult millions on the world wide web, thats very nice of you It was an accurate description of you from my view, not an assasination but since my opinion does not matter to you I'm unsure why you felt the need to comment....though I am sure you are ignorant enough that you dont realise how your comments insult so many
Its amazing how words get put into mouths that have not spoken them.
Oh really, please explain what words, when, how, etc...
SB , you can copy and paste all the information you can find as far as I am concerned, it does not stop unfairness happening,
I believe she commented on that already..so not sure why you would write that but hey hoIt does not stop the family waiting on the point system being put down the lien because an immigrant family comes in and take priority,

It does not stop the young 16 yr old getting priority over someone else who has been waiting.
would it be better to throw our youths out onto the street then?
It does not stop people churning out child after child to get a bigger house, and more benifits..
thats right cos the get that house so quickly...
I am not sure where seeing faults and abuse in the system suddenly makes you prejudiced nor do I see the connection in comparing it to "deed not breed" the two are completey different.

deed not breed would relate to not tarring people with the same brush

I would love to understand were that conclusion came from
you should find out what that word means as there was no 'conclusion' written there

Many of us here realise the country is in trouble, to many immigrants, to little jobs, not enough money to support the needy , cuts being made to amenities and the terrible vicious circle many of our young are stuck in........ I have two young nephews who are in exactly the same situation as your son Sal, and I cant see a way out for them.

But then thats not what the criticism is about (well mine anyway) even if some wish to put words in my mouth.
which are?
My criticism is and always has been and will continue to be , directed towards those who abuse the system, and see the benefit system as a job, and a way to make a living , even if I then get called ignorant and prejudice by some members here....
of course, we fund bankers getting 8million as a bonus on top of their millionaire wages (from the bank the taxpayer owns) whilst raising our living costs, MP's and their expenses, we sell arms to the countries we are in war with but lets blame the man getting £65 a week to live off as the real problem and fraudster
I am not part of the PC brigade and see everyone as genuine, I see it as it is, and will continue to see that not all those on benifits warrant it
Nobody said ALL those on benefits warrant it but if you think they have it so easy and its a great lifestyle you also have the choice to life like them. THEN come back and tell us how great your doing

Or as SB says you can get off on moaning....

This is the last I will comment on your posts JB because tbh they are full of poor informed opinion (thats the polite way of putting it)
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 >