Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tollerdal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Hazels View Post
She bred toller crosses, they were not accidents.

She doesn't do the optigen DNA tests for PRA and CEA. The most used stud dog is a proven PRA carrier (some of his offspring are PRA affected), and he was still used on untested bitches and even on his own daughter!
Not all Foxdown litters are KC registered, you pay extra for that! So who knows how many litters each bitch has?
This has been going on for many years!

and she still entered her dogs for shows, the most recent was Windsor beginning of July!
I am new to tollers but found it confusing at my first couple of shows that alot of dogs were entered in her name but she showed none of them? Infact they appeared to belong to the people handling them?

As for not doing the necessary health tests and knowingly breeding from affected dogs this is inexcusable and shows a lack of regard for your breed and their future welfare.

It is a shame people looking to buy a pup do not do their research as it is these stupid people who buy such untested pups that encourages breeders to continue with such disgraceful practices.
murph
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Hazels View Post
She bred toller crosses, they were not accidents.

She doesn't do the optigen DNA tests for PRA and CEA. The most used stud dog is a proven PRA carrier (some of his offspring are PRA affected), and he was still used on untested bitches and even on his own daughter!
Not all Foxdown litters are KC registered, you pay extra for that! So who knows how many litters each bitch has?
This has been going on for many years!

and she still entered her dogs for shows, the most recent was Windsor beginning of July!
Originally Posted by Tollerdal View Post
I am new to tollers but found it confusing at my first couple of shows that alot of dogs were entered in her name but she showed none of them? Infact they appeared to belong to the people handling them?

As for not doing the necessary health tests and knowingly breeding from affected dogs this is inexcusable and shows a lack of regard for your breed and their future welfare.

It is a shame people looking to buy a pup do not do their research as it is these stupid people who buy such untested pups that encourages breeders to continue with such disgraceful practices.
Why were people still buying puppys from her?!?!? Makes you realise how the average joe does not do even the most basic research when considering a dog
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Tollerdal View Post
THis is quite common, quite often the breeder will retain ownership but the dogs live with someone else or they are in partnership or someone has a bitch on breeding terms; it has no direct correlation to the worth, or otherwise of a breeder.
Hazels
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Rachel very rarely goes to shows, her friends show them for her.

People buy puppies from her because you could get one straight away Some people 'want it now', and won't wait.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by murph View Post
Not if you were a logical person of sound mind....but if there were other things going on that scewed her perception of reality - eg mentall health problems.
I have mental health issues and have for years but at times when I was bad I realised that I was not capable to care for the animals I had at the time and did something about it. They always came first no matter how ill I was.
Becky
GoldenShadow1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Have reposted this on another forum, pleased she has received a lifetime ban at least that is something.

If this is the type of thing the RSPCA are able to bust after people report so many other cases to them, just makes you wonder what else is going on in the world
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Those poor animals, glad she has been banned!

I had a quick look around her site, and in the tollers sections there is a dog Lily, who looks very like the poor dog with a hole in their face... I wonder if it is the same dog...
scotia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2011, 05:44 PM
So glad she's finally been banned, the toller community have known about her for years, she's done the breed no favours at all
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3