View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Wow, thanks so much for posting that! I'm researching breeders and that's definitely one to avoid (not that she can breed any more thankfully!)! Disgusting, that poor dog with the hole in it's face I wouldn't have gone to anyone who had bred to toller x collies anyway
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Very sad reading.Did the man with her at the beginning of the video say there was going to be an appeal?

Poor dogs and other animals - the pony didn't look very happy and everything had an overpowering look of long term neglect....

Wys
x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Surely there comes a point when you look around you and think 'I can't do this anymore' and take steps to improve it. You don't care enough for animals if you leave them in that state even if you are overcrowded you'd work from morning to night.
Becky
I think sadly no, people will never accept they cant do it anymore, we see it all the time, cases of neglect from breeders who have simply got in over their head and cant see it , you also see it in real life "hoarders" they think they are helping animals by taking them in, but the reality is they are not, and it takes someone reporting them to address and fix the problem.

I dont know about the above but many of these peopel are not intentionally beign cruel, and trying to get it through tot hem is not easy.
murph
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Wow, thanks so much for posting that! I'm researching breeders and that's definitely one to avoid (not that she can breed any more thankfully!)! Disgusting, that poor dog with the hole in it's face I wouldn't have gone to anyone who had bred to toller x collies anyway
I dont think she 'breed' Toller crosses it was more like accidental matings...which in itself tells you something

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think sadly no, people will never accept they cant do it anymore, we see it all the time, cases of neglect from breeders who have simply got in over their head and cant see it , you also see it in real life "hoarders" they think they are helping animals by taking them in, but the reality is they are not, and it takes someone reporting them to address and fix the problem.

I dont know about the above but many of these peopel are not intentionally beign cruel, and trying to get it through tot hem is not easy.
Good post - She obviously genuinely cared for animals but things developed from there. Theres probably something in the hoarders thing.... and self-denial.
BUT there were classes and things running at the kennels - its not like she was isolated.. there was plenty of people to ask for help.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:49 AM
I don't think she did genuinely care because if you did you wouldn't be able to look at a dog with a hole in it's face and not do anything about it, you wouldn't be able to look at a dog with a matted coat and not do anything about it.
As has been said she ran classes and everything, there must have been people who knew what was going on and she would have had plenty of opportunity to ask for help or, indeed, say no to accepting more animals!!
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by murph View Post
I dont think she 'breed' Toller crosses it was more like accidental matings...which in itself tells you something

Good post - She obviously genuinely cared for animals but things developed from there. Theres probably something in the hoarders thing.... and self-denial.
BUT there were classes and things running at the kennels - its not like she was isolated.. there was plenty of people to ask for help.
And thats the crux of the matter, they dont ask!
murph
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I don't think she did genuinely care because if you did you wouldn't be able to look at a dog with a hole in it's face and not do anything about it, you wouldn't be able to look at a dog with a matted coat and not do anything about it.
As has been said she ran classes and everything, there must have been people who knew what was going on and she would have had plenty of opportunity to ask for help or, indeed, say no to accepting more animals!!
Becky
Not if you were a logical person of sound mind....but if there were other things going on that scewed her perception of reality - eg mentall health problems.
Hazels
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:05 AM
She bred toller crosses, they were not accidents.

She doesn't do the optigen DNA tests for PRA and CEA. The most used stud dog is a proven PRA carrier (some of his offspring are PRA affected), and he was still used on untested bitches and even on his own daughter!
Not all Foxdown litters are KC registered, you pay extra for that! So who knows how many litters each bitch has?
This has been going on for many years!

and she still entered her dogs for shows, the most recent was Windsor beginning of July!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Hazels View Post
She bred toller crosses, they were not accidents.

She doesn't do the optigen DNA tests for PRA and CEA. The most used stud dog is a proven PRA carrier (some of his offspring are PRA affected), and he was still used on untested bitches and even on his own daughter!
Not all Foxdown litters are KC registered, you pay extra for that! So who knows how many litters each bitch has?
This has been going on for many years!

and she still entered her dogs for shows, the most recent was Windsor beginning of July!
That would be my biggest kick to run for the hills, if any breeder of any breed had that policy!
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Agree.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >