View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:10 PM

Disgusting - why are people like this? (thugs/puppy incident)

Just seen this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8329496.stm

Poor puppy and can't imagine how the young girl is feeling.

Updated with pic and another link:

A teenage girl has been left traumatised after her 10-week old puppy was kicked to death in a park.

Sandy was just 10 weeks old when he was attacked

The attack happened as 15-year-old April Alderton was walking through Priory Park in St Neots, Cambridgeshire.

She had been carrying her Jack Russell Sandy but put him down while she tucked her trouser into her boot.

As she was doing this the puppy excitedly ran over to a group of three teenage boys.

One of them lashed out with his foot and stamped on the tiny animal's head.

The yobs then ran off laughing leaving April to try to save her beloved pet.

She rushed him to a vet but his skull had been crushed and he died.

April and her pet

April was given Sandy to help her cope with her attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and had only had him for four weeks.

She said: "I was devastated. It was such a shock - Sandy was a lovely puppy.

"She was very well behaved and one of those things you can't replace. I am very angry."

Her mother, Loretta, 45, said: "It is unbelievable. How could someone do something like that?"

RSPCA inspector Cherry Evans said: "It is difficult to understand how anyone could be so deliberately cruel and it is vital that anyone with information comes forward."

Anyone who can help is urged to call Cambridgeshire Police on 0345 4564564 or the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...idgeshire_Park
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Just awful.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:20 PM
poor little puppy. and the poor girl must be so traumatised. some people are pure evil.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:44 PM
omg that is just awful. Poor puppy and poor girl. She must be devastated.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 02:01 PM
thats sick
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 02:38 PM
That is so awful brings a tear to my eye to think of the pain the poor puppy suffered, and also the poor girl will be heartbroken and the distress she must be going through i just cant imagine.

I hope these people get caught.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 02:49 PM
That poor pup and young girl, its stuff like this that is going to stay with her for life.

Hope they catch the low life scum that did it!
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 03:34 PM
How horrid BUT it doesn't sound like premeditated cruelty or anything - maybe the person was very frightened and misjudged the kick ... I "kicked away" some scary geese that were stalking me the other day - not really kicked them but as I didn't touch any of them as was my intention merely to shoo them off and I wasn't doing well with handwaving ....

I know it is still awful and a tragedy but the intention was very possibly just to shoo the dog away - I know people who are scared enough of dogs that they would react that way (but then they wouldn't go walking in a park where they'd be likely to meet them ...)
cordie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2009, 04:22 PM
thats a thought that will haunt me for a while!!! they ran away!! if it was a genuine reaction to an imagined attack, they would have stayed and apologised, the fact that they ran away leads me to believe it was intentional, poor girl!!!! it isnt always in your dogs interest to let it off lead, they can be excercised sufficiently whilst on lead, and at least you have some control, although it goes without saying theres only so much you can do to protect your dog, what a nightmare!!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Hope they catch the b*****ds and do the same to them.

Yet another find example of what this country is becoming. I walked out of the park last night and met a group of girls one of which went out of her way to walk near monty then yelled at me " ugh get your dog away, I'm scared" to which I replied that she shouldn't then walk towards him to which she replied "well if I see it again I'll kill it". She was no older than 8yrs old.

As you said in the title disgusting is the word I'd use to describe people like this as well.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >