View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cordie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi all, had a worse relapse from dudley, my daughter lyndsey, has just bought a gsd bitch, shes a beauty, name of willow, she brought her to my house when visiting, willow peed on my carpet, dudley,( who is fine with willow) has since pooed on the same spot several times, despite being taken out, and despite the fact that he is 3 yrs old and hasnt done anything like this before,!!!! can anybody explain what is going on please??
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Dizzy is the same age and has done exactly the same thing at the sight of rain! I have had to go in the garden with her to check she goes and that it isn't just half a wee to get back in quick!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 09:32 PM
have to say that lily is the same. seems we have a generation of rain-hating dogs! unless i go and stand outside with her when it is raining, she will pee indoors. i just thank goodness that i have vinyl flooring and she has little puddles!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Well aside from one accident on Saturday (right by the back door, which was bloomin' open!?!) she is back to asking to go out again. So, I guess the rain is/was the culprit. Just brilliant in a country where it rains all the time... looks like I'll have to be extra vigilant this winter.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2009, 09:44 PM
oh well that is good news! i guess they are still so young but as they learn so fast it's easy to forget that when it goes abit wobbly! glad you are back on track. lily peed on her bed today and not a rain cloud in sight!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by cordie View Post
Hi all, had a worse relapse from dudley, my daughter lyndsey, has just bought a gsd bitch, shes a beauty, name of willow, she brought her to my house when visiting, willow peed on my carpet, dudley,( who is fine with willow) has since pooed on the same spot several times, despite being taken out, and despite the fact that he is 3 yrs old and hasnt done anything like this before,!!!! can anybody explain what is going on please??
sounds to me like he is scent marking over her as it is in his 'territory'
you need to reclean the area thoroughly so there is no smell there. avoid using products with ammonia in.
cordie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
sounds to me like he is scent marking over her as it is in his 'territory'
you need to reclean the area thoroughly so there is no smell there. avoid using products with ammonia in.
Thanks , will try that straight away, he s never soiled the house before, and i couldnt understand why he would start now, what you said makes sense xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2