Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 06:34 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, May 01

Good Morning everyone, May first, pinch an a punch and no returns, white rabbits too. The sun is shining out there looks a much better morning. Expect it is still very cold though.

Hope you all have some sunshine this morning which makes you feel better. Lynn and Harvey hope both Dillon and Casey are doing well on their legs today.

Griff, hope your tummy is feeling better. June, hope you back as held up ok and you didn't overdo things yesterday.

Norma and 1cd hope you are ok up their north of the border.
Mandy hope your leg is feeling better today too and Nippy Jen and Brian hope you two are fairing ok and not overdoing it in the garden. Enjoy your Banofee [sp] not too keen on it myself so I leave it to the others to polish it off.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all else stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 06:59 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope yu warm up as the day goes on.

Lovely and sunny here but we had a frost over night. Plans for today are rubbing down the doors and then washing all the walls so tomorrow I can start the painting which mean on the road to being finished Was woken last night by son in Brazil so had to get up and go on Skype and eldest granddaughter was missing me - how lovely is that. Also got some photos of the youngest who is now 4 months old and apparently is so good you don't know she is there. Hope Eileen's two are doing well as there is only 5 days between us

Have a good day and stay safe and hope everyone is keeping well.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 07:54 AM
How lovely Sue, at least with Skype you can see your grandchildren. Just got back from walking Amber. She had a lovely game with her two year old friend, Annie. a bull mastiff, at two she is bigger than Amber already but they both share their birthdays this week, Amber on the 5th will be 5 and Annie on the 8th will be two. They are so good for each other. Hope all your family are well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Yesterdays thread finished early. Where was everyone? Sun is shining here and been out for a lovely wander with Tyto. Changed the bedding on the double bed and it is now in the machine. I know how to have fun. Have a good day all. Morning Mandy. Forgot to say doing an Italian Meal tomorrow. Haven't done set meal for ages.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Good morning Moyra & Sue and everyone who follows
My leg not too bad this morning but I remember last time it took a few days to kick in properly.
Lovely bright morning, a bit chilly but don't mind when it's bright and dry, going to put a wash in shortly. Liam and Tony are doing a tip run this morning, well when Liam gets up that is it's only open till 12.30
Liam and Sarah took Lauryn to the cinema to see the new Captain America film Cival war, Lsuryn loves Marvel so she was over the moon, Tony did the shopping and what did I do? Fell asleep for 2 hours
Moyra sounds like a lovely walk was had, glad Amber enjoys playing with her friend Annie.
Sue bet that Skype call was really nice, one you don't mind waking up for. aww how lovely your granddaughter missing you, bet she's much happier now she's had a chat.
Griff hope your tummy is better this morning
Have a good day everyone, I might be back later on
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Mandy it is nice when other dogs come to play with Amber because it gives my legs a rest, I can sit on my walker and let them play around me and still know she is getting exercise. Yesterday was very quiet on here. Hope we shall have more posters today with luck. Have a beautiful day all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2016, 09:14 AM
At the moment its dry here, according to the forecast it should be Heavy Rain,so not sure whether to get out with the girls and risk it, or wait and see, giving it another half hour, if its still dry then we'll set off. This is exactly what happened yesterday and it was rain, hail more rain, then sunshine, then rain, hail etc etc etc within minutes of us setting out.
Hope the class went well yesterday Brenda and you got something sorted with the owner of the dog. There is one like that in the class we're in, well more than one if I'm honest. Trainer can take the dog and it does everything spot on,minute its back with its owner its barking, having a go at other dogs and generally being a nuisance. Zen does really well and ignores them now as its become the norm for her, but it annoys the heck out of me because blatantly its not the dog, its the owner!!!
Moyra, could the doctor not help with the housing problem as I'm sure if you have medical reasons they will put you as a priority. I had all this with my mother and they put her at the top of the list, all I had to do was bid on a place for her and she would have got it, getting her to agree to move was the problem, she went along with it, till somewhere came available then she would find a reason not to view it.
Mandy, you need the rest whilst the injection kicks in, so have a siesta every now and then, won't do you any harm will it.
Sue ah your grandaughter sounds so sweet, when will you get to see her again, are they still coming over to join you on the cruise or has that changed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Morning all
Moyra, lovely when your dog meets a friend to play with...and great for you!!
Sue, how sweet was that...you granddaughter wanted to speak to you...ahhh, i think skype is one of the best things ever, means that although the family may be apart they can still be together if they want
Sue,nearly on the home straight now then!!
Ooooooo Brenda, wotcha making?? i have this urge to learn italian....probably won't but there you go
TW, you do get some priority but not as much as you used to, it is all done on points now and where somebody could use common sense before, if the points don't add up you get nowhere. Here at teh top of my road, there are some bungalows, they can never be bought under the right to buy scheme but...people who own their own house can sell that and take a social housing place!!!! they are for 55's and above and a fella moved in there in his 40's, he was being kicked out of the house he used to share with his mum and he does genuinely have health problems, he ahs a pituatuary tumour, diabetes and can hardly walk...he is lovely and no bother, not noisy or anything, do you know those sods up in thos bungalows got a petition to get him kicked out! now to me, he needed that place more than someone who had sold their house deliberately to move into there...the person with the house could buy a flat easily instead
Mandy, just keep taking it easy for a few days, hope the tip run gets done Lol
Mum and Dad are going to were Doc Martin was filmed today and maybe Padstow but they were a bit bothered about it being the 'Oss festival...that is tomorrow though so they will most likely go
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Griff, I love Cornwall, particularly the place where Doc Martin is filmed and also Padstow is lovely too. I would love to live down there, maybe St Ives or Hayle.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Griff, I love Cornwall, particularly the place where Doc Martin is filmed and also Padstow is lovely too. I would love to live down there, maybe St Ives or Hayle.
Hi Moyra, one of my first ever jobs away from home was in Cornwall, totaly different to anywhere I had been before, still remember driving around those little bendy roads.

Hope you're feeling better today, nice that Amber got to play with some other dogs, I love seeing that.

I was pretty shattered last night, can't seem to keep awake in the evenings. I do get up several times in the night, either to let Casey in or out (Rianna prefers to stay out) and once for a wee, so I'm not getting all the night time sleep I should be getting
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >