PAH new adoption scheme

Have any of you done this

http://www.petsathome.com/page/supportadoption

i think it is a good ideal
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2007, 02:55 PM
I agree think its a good idea notice the store where i live isn't mentioned though.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Hmm Carlisle store isn't on either, wonder why it is only some of their stores taking part?

Good ideal though, anything that gets an animal re-homed to a nice place is great in my book!:smt002
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Our store isn't either.

Good idea though.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 07:11 AM
I haveto put a downer on it and say i don't think it is a good idea... I don't think any rescue that homes through a petshop is worth its salt really, and the majority of animals they'll be adopting out will be 'old stock' Pets at Home do nothing unless they gain out of it - and this is just the stock that they can't sell, so would have to return to the breeding mills and farms. also, it's still them that get a lot of the money from it, and I certainly wouldn't want to support any petshop, let alone P@H.

Also, what about the other side of things, the amount of awful people who buy small animals from petshops just for a bit of a laugh. It'll make them even cheaper than the ones they sell already, and then people will impulse buy even more, and a couple of weeks down the line get bored, or not like the pet, especially if it's that bit older, thus nippy. Then, presto, larger rescue situation.

I would either go to a well established rescue, if I was to rescue a small animal (and there are a good many of these) or I would go to a registered breeder.

xx