Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2016, 06:26 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 6th September

Good morning all, doesn't look very bright out there. More rain I think.

June, sorry your coal didn't turn up in the end. I hope there was no further destruction last night from Zen.

Griff, am really worried on your behalf because of Steve as you say it's sounds like he is going into a melt down. He will have to sort things out with work or he will find himself without a job and no income at all.

Lynn, hope the garage chappie is going to have another go at your car to sort it out. Well done Mark on his driving yesterday.

Harvey hope you and the dogs are ok, I expect you are still working on your man cave.

Mandy, sorry about your knee as June said it is probably referred pain from the hip.

Brenda, hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Sue and Barry, Nippy Jen and Brian hope you are all ok and hope you are enjoying your company Jenny.

Norma, hope all is well with you.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2016, 07:30 AM
Morning Moyra hope you feel good today.

Good morning to all who follow.
Off to work in 10 minutes, got one machine of washing out onto the line and another machine I am just waiting for to finish. As you can tell I am hoping the weather holds.
Looks like its going to be a nice day here although has rained through the night.

Apart from work not much going on here, hope my niece comes and takes her "broken" mountain bike so I can get the summer house sorted when I come home. Almost got there then the mountain bike arrived.

Right off I go to hang the washing out then off to work now all play nicely.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2016, 07:43 AM
Morning all
Moyra, Steve has sorted out work...it wasn't his fault so they have to pay him but he doesn't get full pay whilst he is off so i can understand why he says he will go back even with a sick note for a month....i just hope if he does go back that he doesn't blow his stack....i have asked him to stay off in a round about fashion but if he will or not is a different matter...i really hope he hands his sicknote in
Kazz you have been busy...i haven't been up long Lol
Vets for Dex cat today, hope my old boy is o.k and they can get his skin to settle down
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Very muggy here and uncomfortable heat. Just arrived back in with Dillon.
Mark went off at 8 for 4 hours driving they take a 1/2 hour break.
Then when he gets in sandwich, cuppa and change and round to Paul and Beth's he is so tired bless him.
Housework and washing for me today.
Hope everything is ok with Dex griff. Plus Steve manages to hold it together when he returns to work.
June fingers crossed the coal turns up today. Also more demolition jobs.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2016, 08:08 AM
Hello everyone, well I have had a great 10 days. Good weather good company and good food Now I just have to start the clearing up and the washing.
The gas men are outside today laying new mains. What a racket, oh well it has to be done.
Kyla started school yesterday she looked so cute in her new uniform she said she enjoyed it and it was really good fun. Ha different from when I was at school then
Right, washing here I come!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-09-2016, 09:30 AM
Spoken to the coal people and they don't know why it wasn't delivered and are onto it and ringing me back, it is on their system showing not delivered. They are such lovely people that despite the fact I am annoyed, they cheer me up and I can't shout at them
No demolition as yet, she may have sneaked a quickie in after breakfast though, will be checking on it. Got the bone run later, they are my next phone call
Been thinking of you Nippy and so pleased the visit went well and you got the good weather. I will forgive you for pinching it under the circumstances.
Warm here, quite a lot of cloud, sun is in and out and a strong breeze
Driving sounds like it is going well, Lynn. It will be very tiring for him, worth it if he gets that nice shiny new license at the end of it all
Griff, thinking of Dex and hoping it goes well for him. Maybe Steve needs to get some help if he is feeling very low. Going back to work is not an option really when he has got a busful of passengers, not all of them nice in some cases.
I'm wondering about Harvey, he may well be tucked up in his Mancave hibernating
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2016, 09:30 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope driving lessons go well for Mark today Lynn.

Pleased you have had a good time with your friend Nippy - now the work begins on the cleaning up but wen worth it

Good luck at the vet with Dex Griff and hope they can sort his skin out.

Hope the weather holds whilst you are at work Kazz and washing dries.

Hope all is well with you Moyra

Very warm and muggy here. Teazle walked, banking done and have also potted up my new raspberry bush I bought yesterday. Just the bulbs to put in pots now and some in the garden

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Hi Nippy, pleased you have had a good time with your visitors and i hope the gas men quieten down soon. Fab that Kyla enjoyed school so much
Lynn, awww bless Mark, hopefully all this effort will pay off and this will be the turning point for him and Joel
TW, sorry to hear the coal didn't arrive at all.....hopefully they will sort it out today
Sue, will your raspberry bush fruit this year? or is it too late now?
Well £145 later and Dex has some cream and had a blood test, i have to call back later for the results...Steve text us to wish us luck, was the same room i stayed with max in...few tears but i was o.k, Steve has asked would i drop his sicknote into work for him...he must have listened to me last night when i spoke to him..so i am now getting picked up to go to a garage full of men (will feel quite at home) to try and find the right office for me to go to and hand this note in Lol....my plans have gone out the window....again Lol i won't even be able to do anything Thursday as the girls have said Max will likely be ready to come home so i will have to go and pick him up and then take him back home to Steve and Molly and friday is my haircut.....don't know how people cope with having lives Lol
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Thanks for you forgiveness TW lol any way it seems to have deserted us now Like Sue it is just warm and muggy now.
The gas men just keep getting louder griff, can't do much about it though Apparently part of our patio will have to come up. Good job I never buried Brian under it isn't hahaha.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Lol Nippy....you would have been well and truly rumbled!!!! hope it won't be too much of an inconvenience for you...with the patio coming up and all the noise.
Dropped Steves sicknote off for him and he took me to the Drs to get my dads prescriptions sorted out...he even rung me as soon as he got home!!! i got him a little canister type keyring that you can put your pets ashes in...i took some of max's fur on thursday and placed that in the keyring, he said he doesn't want it on his keyring incase he loses his keys...fair enough, he has decided he wants to drill a hole in the frame he has his favourite picture of Max in....he says he has put it by the frame and the wood and silver look fantastic together...i am pleased he liked it
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >