Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
daisylynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2012, 03:39 PM

Shelter dogs. <3

So for the past few months, I've been volunteering at a private, no kill shelter called Charley's Strays every Saturday. I've been loving EVERY minute of it. So to share my joy, I have taken pictures of some of the dogs.
First (because he's my favorite), let me introduce Angus. He's SUCH a sweet boy and I love him to pieces. Him and I are like peanut butter and jelly. I'm actually slowly cutting through the red tape to adopt him.

Then comes Jackson. He's also the biggest sweet heart ever. He demands scritches and kisses before going out to play. He just LOVES people.

Next is the older pitbull, Titan. He's a very shy gentleman, but very sweet once he warms up to you. It took 4 Saturdays for him to warm up to me.

The next dog is possibly the oldest dog at the shelter. His name is Davy and we don't think he's going to make it through the winter. He's not very keen on touching or company, he just wants to eat, sleep and pee/poop in peace. He's a grumpy old man.

Princess is a sweet, shy old girl. She has hip issues but she's on medication for it and she refuses to let it slow her down. She loves to kiss and loves company

Brady is next. He's not all that fond of touching or being touched. And he has temper tantrums like a 2 year old if you block his path to going out because he's going blind, but if you give him food and let him run around with his ball, he's a happy dog.

This is Franky. I've been told he's extremely selective about who he likes, and I'm grateful to say he loves me. He even shared his pen for me to take this picture.

Last but not least is Jasper... Oh my sweet boy, Jasper. He is a CRAZY dog. He is so happy to see people he won't sit still for you to pat him. He runs around like a bat out of hell. Love him to death but man, that dog has ENERGY. I had to try 20 times to get him to sit still for this picture.

These are loved shelter dogs, even if it's only on Saturday (lack of transportation). There are a few more I didn't get pictures of. I love them all so much, even though most of them are kinda crazy.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Some lovely dogs there Daisy, and I'm not surprised you want to adopt Angus, he's adorable
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

30-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Aw they are all beauties. Angus is a sweetie and hope you cut all the red tape down and take him home with you.

Well done for volunteering - it must be a very satisfying day for you when you help there.

Thanks for sharing.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Oh bless them, they are all lovely. I hope they all find great homes and wish you the very best of luck adopting Angus.
x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2012, 06:25 PM
No wonder you want to adopt Angus, he is gorgeous. All the others are so special in their own way too, and full marks to the shelter for not putting down any of the dogs.

I hope that all of those who are able to be rehomed find their loving family very soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Well done you for doing such a worthwhile job, I'm sure you will find it more than rewarding, all that love you will be getting in return from all those friendly faces you have pictures for us.

You are a star! I hope you manage to adopt the love of your life Angus, good luck.
AliStarfish
New Member!
Female 

30-11-2012, 06:37 PM
It is a fantastic job you are doing helping these guys, their stories are heartbreaking.
daisylynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Aw they are all beauties. Angus is a sweetie and hope you cut all the red tape down and take him home with you.

Well done for volunteering - it must be a very satisfying day for you when you help there.

Thanks for sharing.
It is always such a pleasure to volunteer at the animals shelter. The dogs are amazing, it's the highlight of my week to be honest.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Daisy - I don't often look at the 'shelter' type threads because it makes me so mad to think that people can just discard these lovely animals when it suits them and reminds me of just how cruel humans can be.

But I did enjoy looking at these photos and knowing that your 'shelter' will not put down a healthy dog.

Even if you only do one day a week there that is still a wonderful gesture and I hope you contunue to enjoy it. Remember that those who have never known the devotion and loyalty of a dog by their side are poor indeed and should be pitied by those who have.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Lovely dogs & Angus is a poppet. Well done on helping out .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >