Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2010, 10:53 PM

I'm Looking To Adopt Another Dog

I Already Got A Min Pin Pup but someone from the pound called me and is tryin to get me to donate or something because they have a total of 20 dogs going to be put down in a week they said...And I dont wanna just sit around and do nothin but i dont know rather to adopt a big dog small dog older dog younger dog im just in a rock in between a hard place and dont wanna do nothin I feel I SHOULD do something any ideas??
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Isn't your Min Pin pup only 16 weeks of age? I personally wouldn't add another dog at this stage while your current pup is so young. Focus on her for now, then think about adding another when she is a year or so old and trained.

I understand the situation with rescues in the USA is pretty dire, but sadly we can't save them all. Don't feel guilted into getting a second if the time isn't right.
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2010, 11:17 PM
very true..and yes here it is very dire one time when i had my other min pin there was alitter of lab mix dogs that came in and were being put down in a few days so i went and adopted them all then relocated them in programs to be helper dogs for people and stuff..all have loving homes they still come see me and the owners send me pics and stuff beautiful dogs
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I agree with Labradork. It would be a mistake to get another dog while you still have such a young pup at home. I know its sad to think of all those dogs that don't have homes, but its not your personal responsibility to save them all. Don't let anyone guilt you into taking on a dog you aren't ready for. Its not fair to you, to chevy, or to the dog you would adopt. The best thing you can do to help animals is to be the best pet owner you can be, to inform yourself and then inform others. You might be able to volunteer with a rescue group to help them help animals, without taking them all home with you.
Bagwoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2010, 09:30 AM
I would have thought that perhaps getting an older calmer dog would have been alright