31-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
themselves
Quite!! That's what I figured!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Also more sexual partners does not equate with having more sex or liking it more.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
If Stephen Fry's reported comments about Hampstead Heath are true - I must confess that a fumbled quickie with a total stranger in a filthy bog or prickly bush (perhaps lying on a dog turd someone didn't pick up) on Hampstead Heath doesn't do it for me.
Lol that made me pmsl!

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
In the grand scheme of things does what someone else thinks of your actions actually matter enough to make you change them? How ever many sexual partners a woman chooses to have is entirely up to her and if she chooses to let everyone know about it that's also upto her.
Unfortunately, social pressure is a very powerful thing - so yes, it does have an impact... on many people.

-post-
See below - for what I meant:

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
The easy girls that will go home with anyone, and have no self respect..
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
...and there is the social pressure
Yep
...and the lads that take them home for their little fling, aint no better!
Lol - at least your consistent DD

themselves
Are you talking from experience? LOL (sorry couldn't resist!)

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Also more sexual partners does not equate with having more sex or liking it more.
Agree - and good point!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I find it bewildering that you're talking about whether a woman should be referred to as a slapper and a man a stud in regard to the Stephen Fry interview, that's not what I read at all. The article was in Attitude a Gay magazine, a gay man interviewed for a gay audience and he said he felt sorry for straight men thinking women didn't like sex because if they did they'd all be cruising around shagging total strangers just like some gay men do. That women see sex as the price they have to pay for a relationship so it's a duty rather than a pleasure. It was a tongue in cheek article aimed at a specific audience, I don't see what the fuss is about or where there was any reference to women being slappers in fact quite the opposite.
Lol if social pressure is such a big thing then keep your antics to yourself and stop parading them around for discussion, my point being how would anyone know who you slept with unless you put the information out there.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I find it bewildering that you're talking about whether a woman should be referred to as a slapper and a man a stud in regard to the Stephen Fry interview, that's not what I read at all.
As I stated in my original post - I'm not that concerned about what Fry did or didn't say, just that the recent brouhaha around his latest interview made the discussion possible - as it was something that had bothered me for a while.

Lol if social pressure is such a big thing then keep your antics to yourself and stop parading them around for discussion, my point being how would anyone know who you slept with unless you put the information out there.
That's exactly what I'm on about LOL - why should women have to 'hide' things they shouldn't have to; particularly when men are celebrated for those things - but women are denigrated for the exact same thing. That's the whole point of this thread.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-10-2010, 11:48 PM
I disagree you don't have to keep anything private if you choose not to, but if you choose not to don't be surprised if people judge you for it. That's life regardless of sex and personally I don't find a bloke who puts it about to be celebrated or a stud, I find him sad and probably incapable of sustaining a long term relationship. Just my opinion of course.
If Stephen Frys comments have nothing to do with the discussion why even mention them and then go off at a tangent ? Especially seeing as most people seem unaware of what was said anyway.
As a woman I find the discussion pretty pointless and will bow out.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-10-2010, 11:59 PM
It takes 2 to tango.

Exponential human population growth simply isn't sustainable so as a race we're stuffed.

Sex for enjoyment - we're a bit unique in that respect. I can't speak for women (or men for that matter) but I agree that there's a stigma attached to 'active' women that isn't applicable to promiscuous blokes.

In terms of the enjoyment though - I'd like to think it's even...
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Sex? What's that?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-11-2010, 09:07 AM
The easy girls that will go home with anyone, and have no self respect..
I think the article/interview Stephen Fry gave says more about Stephen Fry than what he thinks woman feel.

If he considers having an itch that needs scratching at every opportunity any where with any one, (in dirty toilets and behind bushes in parks) is a representative of "liking sex" then its a warped sense of understanding of woman .

He said that the only woman who would do that (have sex in toilets) would be prostitutes,,,,,,,which implies they are of a low morality...so what does that say for all the gay men (he made the connection) who do the same, have sex with strangers in public toilets and parks

If he thinks thats a sign of enjoying sex, he is seriously misguided.

Most people (what ever your sexual preference) would think, those who screw around in dirty toilets and dark corners of parks are people of little self respect.

It has nothing to do with enjoying sex!!!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I disagree you don't have to keep anything private if you choose not to, but if you choose not to don't be surprised if people judge you for it.
I'm not on about being judged per se, but about why women are judged differently to men. I.e. why aren't they judged equally. And that that has bugged me for a while (and all the fuss around Fry's interview made it an apt time to bring up as a discussion).

Don't think I can be any clearer than that
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >