Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:03 PM

What do you make of this email??

We recieved this email today:

hi,
my name is ******. i am desperately looking for an adult lab bitch to re home. it doesn't matter what color she is, but she must be younger than 3 with either a good family history of hip, eye and elbow scores, or have had them done herself. i have been recommended to ask all my local breeders if they have any returned labs (because apparently some people return their dogs for whatever reason?)

i work in the outdoor industry and send a lot of my time in the countryside so am looking for a companion to take on lots of walks etc

if you can help at all or know of anyone who can, please contact me.

Many thanx

Now, as some of you know we do have a lovely rescue girl called Izzy who we hope to rehome to a person later this year where she can have more one on one attention (the breeder of one of our pugs may have her, she has asked ) as she is very, very affecionate and just needs LOADS of love and attention that she's missed out on. She IS hip scored and eye tested (with a hip score of 3) Which makes this even more weird.. Izzy is over 3, she's about 3 and a half, but is almost exactly what this person is looking for...

But i think she must assume we're dumb! Clearly she's looking for a dog to breed from That is not Izzy. She will go to her new home spayed But i wonder why they insist on pretending that they're looking for a companion pet (who must be breeding age and hip and eye tested lol)??? Im sure theres plenty of people out there who will sell them a dog to breed from, the puppy farmers would gladly take money from anyone So why be so devious?!?!

Or am i over reacting?? And this person genuinely could be looking for a pet??

Opinions?

Ta!
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:05 PM
email her back saying you have the perfect dog, and shes already spayed, if she doesnt get back to you well that will say it all xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Call their bluff and say you have one who fits your criteria and on top of that she has beend spayed so they don't have that expense either
Do agree with you she is clearly looking for a breeding bitch, regrettably not everyone will see it like that and will think they are genuine. You'd be surprised (or probably not) at the number of people who lie to get breeding bitches by claiming they are going to show so no need for endorsements etc, hence endorse everything and lift the endorsements if they prive themselves worthy.
Becky
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Totally agree with the above scare her off x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:10 PM
They say "color" American perhaps? Dont think their intentions are sincere, id steer well clear.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
email her back saying you have the perfect dog, and shes already spayed, if she doesnt get back to you well that will say it all xx
What a brilliant idea
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Call their bluff and say you have one who fits your criteria and on top of that she has beend spayed so they don't have that expense either
Exactly what I was going to say

Call their bluff....go on, you know you want to
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:15 PM
You're all evil

Think i might just do that though

Poor Izzy needs a nice home after all she's been through, bless her. Its people like this that annoy me, if she just said she wanted one to breed from it wouldnt bother me so much (at least she's wanting health checks done) but to pretend you want a pet is just a bit unfair on all concerned really.. Someone might let their much loved pet who they can no longer keep go to this person!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:25 PM
That's just what I'd say too, then there is not problem? I'm thinking maybe she wants a dog who won't have any future problems. Maybe she might not be able to afford big vets fees, maybe she might not be able to afford to insure the dog against vet's fees? Personally, I see where you're coming from, but you may be barking up the wrong tree, she might just be the perfect owner? Perhaps!!! You don't know until you send the details of Izzy clearly stating that she's speyed.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 07:33 PM
exactly what I was going to say.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »