register for free

Dog News

Jeremy Paxman attacks 'dog-owning morons'

Jeremy Paxman has hit out at 'morons' for leaving bags full of dog mess at a picturesque beach he was visiting.

The former Newsnight presenter, dubbed a 'rottweiler' for his interview techniques with politicians, found the bags of mess on the paths leading to an unnamed beach in Cornwall.

He even found some hanging in trees and piled up in car parks next to the beauty spot.
...[snip]...
'On the beach, dog owners had been asked to clear up after their dogs,' he said.

'A significant number of dog-owning morons had then deposited their plastic bags of dog**** alongside the path, in the car park, or hung them from trees.

'Left to the elements, the mess would have disappeared in a few weeks.

'The plastic will be there for generations.

'What is going on in what passes for the minds of these people?'
Full article and photographs here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-beaches.html

Once again the responsible dog owners get blamed for the actions of the irresponsible ones.

Your comments and views:
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Absolutely Malka. I agree with JP - there is nothing worse than stepping in a pile of dog poo - coming a close second are trees laden with poo bags ! I'm a stick and flick fan, only picking up when in open fields, pavements etc where there is no dense undergrowth. Even the biodegradable bags are bad for the environment because they take far longer to degrade than the makers claim.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-10-2014, 01:08 PM
You often see this when there are not enough bins around. I rarely see it around here, there are bins at the start/ends of the walking paths here..
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Jeremy Paxman is absolutely right on this.
It's the moronic dog owners that get the rest of us a bad name. We all get tarred with the same brush which is unfair. However is it any wonder that the general public think all dog owners are irresponsible. It's a cross we simply have to bear. I've lost count of the number of used poo bags I've picked up and taken with my own dogs bags to the next bin. Im afraid we might just have to take it on the chin and carry on doing our bit regardless. Be the better person, as it were.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top