Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Just met a Cockapoo

And what a lovely little lad he was! Such an active, bright little boy.

He and his owner walked with us as the little lad was only 8 months old and he and Cooper had a great time playing and running about.

His owner was saying he doesn't have him off the lead very often and he doesn't always come back and wasn't interested in food, I offered him a couple of pieces of the sausage I take with me for Cooper and he ate that quite well, a blow of the whistle and a bit of sausage, then a couple of steps back a blow of the whistle and some sausage and he was well away, came back and sat at my feet every time I blew the whistle for Cooper His owner was saying how amazing it was and that he was off to buy some sausage and a whistle
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 01:33 PM
aw brilliant! Bless the wee pup! Hopefully after watching you with the pup, the owner can work with that recall.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 01:43 PM
I did feel a bit odd at first training someone else's dog, but he was such a bright little boy it didn't take long, took Cooper a few sessions before he was reliably coming back.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm looking after a friends CockerXPoodle (sorry, can't bring myself to call such a nice little dog by such a silly name!) and he is a dream. He's been with me since Saturday and has settled in really well. Glad you had a positive meeting with your little fella and sounds like you may have encouraged some good old fashioned positive training there!