Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MariaA
New Member!
Female 

14-12-2015, 02:52 PM

Help Someone Today

Dear All, I am happy to be part of such a lovely community.
Since I am an animal lover myself, I would like to share an Indiegogo Campaign I have made to help a local person in my city. I come from Skopje, Macedonia and over the past year I help Dragi to make it through the harsh winter and extremely hot summer, while taking care of his stray dogs, providing a home for them, food and medicine. Since he is not employed and selling hair clips on the street to make it through the day, he needs all the support he can get. The NGOs here are pretty blind for such cases, so I took up an individual initiative to try and help him out.
Please see the the campaign link below.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...r/x/12564227#/
If anyone has any clue on how to spread the word, I would be happy to hear. Thank you all, I appreciate it :huddle:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Hi - have you thought about contacting a rescue or charity in your area? Or asking people you know personally?

Unfortunately there are so many scams around that anyone unrelated or unconnected to random requests for money should exercise caution.
MariaA
New Member!
Female 

14-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the message, I appreciate it. I have actually been in touch with few of the largest NGOs in my country and they all seem not to be much concerned. Several times his name and existing photos had been used by them in order to get donations from European Organizations, however he hasn't seen a dime for a year. I personally help him by buying him dog food and providing some cash for himself. Sometimes even old clothes that I manage to gather. The people I know are well informed about the tragic life of this person, but I guess is up to them if they would be willing to donate at the end.
I guarantee that this post is not a spam, but it holds an honest purpose. Anyone traveling in Skopje can meet this guy in the very city Center

I just thought it may be a good idea to share the campaign link on animal lovers forums and initiate action (the fundraising is still on 0 unfortunately ) Anyway, thanks for the awareness, I can see your point. Have a nice day.