Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2013, 09:51 PM

DiscoverDogs - 9. + 10. November

Hello

I just came across a link to "DiscoverDogs" which apparently is some sort of dog expo / show / whatnot?

Unfortunately the page "discoverdogs.org.uk" doesn't work, so I'd like to ask if any of you has more info on it?

Thanks
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Google The Kennel Club or Earls Court they should both have some information.

Discover dogs is run by the Kennel club, it usually involves around 200 stands each one manned by a breeder/owner of a Kennel Club registered breed. So 200 stands = 200 different breeds.

So say you wanted to meet a Puli, a Griffon Bruxelloius (I can't spell it ) and a Dandy Dinmont, they will all be there, there is also serious doggy retail to be done
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2013, 03:31 PM
ooo i love this event. I might take my little sister as a treat
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 04:24 PM
http://www.discoverdogs.org.uk/?utm_...aign=kcwebsite

Here's the infomation you need.

Dawn R.
Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Oops, sorry, I didn't even see the replies to this . Thank you

I took a look at their website and read the following:

"No dogs, other than those invited by the Kennel Club and Registered Assistance Dogs, are allowed into the show."

?? *Insertincreduloussmileyhere*

So they are saying it is an event all about dogs with vendors for say coats and collars and I can't bring my own dog ????

I might be biased but these kind of shows in Germany always allow to bring your own dog (have to stay on lead and you have to prove he's vaccinated against rabies by providing your pet passport at the entry) and having to leave my darling behind instead of making it a trip for me AND the dog just sounds so wrong
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Will be there on both days on the Borzoi stand,the reason for not admitting visitors dogs I think would be because some people would bring in dogs that might not be temperamently sound and there could be problems insurance wise if something happened to a visitor. The dogs that are on show are mainly dogs which are used to being handled at shows.It is a very interesting day out for somebody who wants to see a particular breed