View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:10 PM
She wasnt aggresive when she was born shes been breeding for 40 years and knows her lines back to front. The dog had been ill treated and beaten ans suffered terribly for fear aggression, she was put to a very gentle dog all the pups when to friends or show people and she was then rehomed as she's calmed down.
Again your all jumping to conclusions when yuo know nothing about the situation. Spencer's probably the best dog I've got but I wouldnt mate him he's to unpredictable this was a totally different scenario.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Thank you JB.
Dawn if you have something to say say it. I find your tone very offensive as usual. It seems were all entitled to an opinion prioviding it s the same opinion as yours.
Tbh you cant get at me for my breeding practises so yuo wait to have a pop for other things, life to short to waste my time justifiying myself to people who's opinions I dont give a jot about.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Thank you JB.
Dawn if you have something to say say it. I find your tone very offensive as usual. It seems were all entitled to an opinion prioviding it s the same opinion as yours.
Tbh you cant get at me for my breeding practises so yuo wait to have a pop for other things, life to short to waste my time justifiying myself to people who's opinions I dont give a jot about.
Say what? I said it, I thought you would pop along and you did! Of course you are entitled to your opinion, I never said you werent, nor did I mention YOUR breeding practices did I?

The dog had been ill treated and beaten ans suffered terribly for fear aggression,
So she bred from it, great!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I would assume, that these 2 people knew the lines the dogs came from, and had the papers handed over to them along with said dogs?? enabling them to KC register them, otherwise there will be no proof of continuing the line .

As far a Jessica's case... I think there is a big difference between having one of your own pups back (one you have bred) and deciding to add it to your breeding programme, as long as said dog comes up to standard... as you will know the lines /parentage and health of ancesetors.

Opposed to just taking in a rescue... without a history, then deciding to breed from it....

Hopefully it is not the later of th two.
I only know the full facts of one of the bitches and Joss (the name of the bitch) was a private re-home i.e.: not via a rescue centre, and she went to a good friend of mind who happens to be a member of the Dobermann Club of GB, and she received all the KC registration paperwork.

I must admit that out of the six I have, I have received the KC registration paperwork for four of them and three off them came to me entire. It's only that I have no interest what-so-ever in breeding from them, I had them all down.

Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
If you buy a pet then it should be neutered..If you buy a show quality dog then it should prove its a good specimen before becoming breeding stock

Why would you breed from a rescue if its not your lines? whose lines are you continuing?
Two questions for you.

1, Why can't you have a sprayed bitch and still continual to show her? Because you show her doesn't mean that she is good enough to breed from.

2, Who says you can't have a pet bitch that has really good heritage and health scores?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I only know the full facts of one of the bitches and Joss (the name of the bitch) was a private re-home i.e.: not via a rescue centre, and she went to a good friend of mind who happens to be a member of the Dobermann Club of GB, and she received all the KC registration paperwork.

I must admit that out of the six I have, I have received the KC registration paperwork for four of them and three off them came to me entire. It's only that I have no interest what-so-ever in breeding from them, I had them all down.

Two questions for you.

1, Why can't you have a sprayed bitch and still continual to show her? Because you show her doesn't mean that she is good enough to breed from.

2, Who says you can't have a pet bitch that has really good heritage and health scores?
I am a member of 3 Dobe clubs, havent owned one for years though, just because you join a club doesnt mean a thing does it?

What is the "Dobermann Club of Great Britain?" Ive been involved with Dobes since 1988 and have never heard of it? There is a Great Britain Dobermann Club, but I know many on the committee there and Im sure they would fron upon breeding from rehomes in such a manner, as many are staunch rescue supporters.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
She wasnt aggresive when she was born shes been breeding for 40 years and knows her lines back to front. The dog had been ill treated and beaten ans suffered terribly for fear aggression, she was put to a very gentle dog all the pups when to friends or show people and she was then rehomed as she's calmed down.
Again your all jumping to conclusions when yuo know nothing about the situation. Spencer's probably the best dog I've got but I wouldnt mate him he's to unpredictable this was a totally different scenario.
No dog is aggressive when born... it will all be down to nurture or nature...

And to breed from an aggressive dog, to try and change its temperament is foolhardy to say the least....luckily your friend gamble paid off, for the prospective puppy owners sake.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post

Was it her OWN lines that she perpetuate with breeding this bitch?

Two questions for you.

You CAN have a spayed bitch and continue to show her, IF you show her it proves she is a good example of the breed (if she does well obvi!)

Not me..I have a fantastic dog..with great heritage and the possibility of good health scores..(But not having him tested as he is a pet I don't know for sure, but as he is neutered and I have no intention of breeding him as he was bought as a PET)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Why can't you have a sprayed bitch and still continual to show her?
You can and I do.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm horrified at the way Jessica is being treated, I have reported this entire thread. With any luck it will be locked soon. If it isn't I'll be bowing out of the ''friendly forum'' and heading back to CD.

Dawn R.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Locked pending thread review.
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »