Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-02-2007, 01:43 AM

My wee pal (SBT) Happy Return

Hi

Around the time I first joined dogsey I found a bonnie wee dog on my lunch break 'playing with cars' on a main road just outside Dundee.

Anyway. I grabbed him and (using my belt) managed to make a lead so I could at least keep him out of harms way.

Once he'd calmed down I was faced with that horrible 'what the hell do I do with him now' feeling.

I knocked on a few doors with no luck so I asked a lady I knew that lived by where I worked if she could pop him in her dog run till the end of the day.

After work I picked him up and tried a few more houses with no luck so I popped him in the car and went to the local police station.

The policeman said he no way of keeping the dog at the station and that I should take him to the main police station in Perth but that was over 25 miles from where I found him.

I put him in the back of the car and headed for Perth but decided i'd take him home for some food and a drink first. I took a couple of pictures (these ones) and once he was calm took him to the police station. I was a bit worried because of his breed but they were really good and let me and my little daughter settle him down in the kennel and give him more food.

The next day I went back to work and posted the dogs pictures in the village where I found him - stating that he was at the police station in Perth.

That afternoon I phoned the police station and they told me that his owners had seen the poster, called the station and he was now home and well.

I never knew his name or heard from his owners but for the short time we had him he was called (by my daughter) Handsome.

Here's Handsome.

PS

If you scroll left, ypu can even see the remains of 'trademark' Springer Spaniel damage in the last picture

Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Aww Well Done for reuniting Handsome with his owners.

He is Handsome
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 07:50 AM
He's a smasher. I bet his owners were delighted to get him back. Maybe they didn't have any contact details for you to thank you? Anyway, he's home now, thanks to you. Well done
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2007, 09:17 AM
And handsome he most certainly is.... well done to ya Phil
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Well done, he suits his name His owners will of been deligthed to have handsome back
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
He's a smasher. I bet his owners were delighted to get him back. Maybe they didn't have any contact details for you to thank you? Anyway, he's home now, thanks to you. Well done
When I put the posters up I just put the number for the police station and also PADS (Perthshire Abandoned Dogs Society) as he was to be sent their after 48 hours if not claimed.

I decided not to put my own details on the poster just in case he had 'numpty' owners who were happy to let him run around on his own and were miffed with me for taking him away.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 11:06 AM
He certainly is handsome, glad he got home to his owners again.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Good to know the little chap was reunited with his family and what could have been a sad story had a happy ending
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 12:05 AM
AWW HES SO GORGEOUS
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-02-2007, 12:09 PM
He really lives up to the name your daughter gave him So pleased he was re-united with his owners and good for you for taking care of him and playng sucha bit part in this being a happy ending.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >