Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-01-2007, 05:30 AM

Back to life, back to reality

'mornin' all!
Didn't that go quick? Here we are, 5:25 on Jan 2nd 2007, and back at work today!
Christmas and New Year have been and gone, and were, for the most part quiet, although my plan to get some sleep through New Years Eve, to try and *bank* some rest ready for the late night the next day (if you see what I mean) was scuppered by a bunch of moronic teens setting two big fires in the block of flats in which I live. 1:15am was greeted with 4 fire engines, firemen chasing said teens, radios blaring, communal doors being kicked down to get at the blazes, and a 15 hour mega-clean-up by me afterwards, to remove the soot, dust, ash and smoke-flavouring from everywhere in the flat.
Unbelievably, whilst all this was going on there were a couple of bimbos outside wearing what appeared to be pelmets, but which *may* have been skirts, trying to stop the firemen from extinguishing the fires!

New years resolutions.
This year, in fact starting today, I am going to put aside some time every night to Write The Book. And today I intend to Post The Contract. Other resolutions mainly involve winning the lottery and living forever

To you all:
May the best of 2006 be the worst of 2007.
May your hearts be light.
May your wallets be heavy.
May your larders be full.
May your friends be friendly.
May your neigbours be neigbourly.
May the gods you believe in smile down on you and keep you safe all year.
And may your doggies be full of dogweb all year
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by Gaz webber View Post
Other resolutions mainly involve winning the lottery and living forever
And all this year Gaz?

I'm not back at work till tomorrow - bliss! My body is celebrating by waking me up at 5am - grrrr! Oh well, I suppose it gives me more time to be aware that I'm still on holiday

Can't tell you how good it feels to not feel physically sick at the prospect of having work tomorrow - I'm even quite looking forward to it! That really brings home to me just how bad things must have been this time last year.

Hope your first day back doesn't go too badly, and I hope the weather's better for you than it is here!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 10:22 AM
gaz u sound like u live in a right hell hole. we live in nth london and its a paradise compared to your home, or its that our teenagers are too thick to have discovered fire yet (thankfully)
as for the girls accosting the firemen if that had of been my BIL he would of turned the hoses on them LOL that would of calmed them down a bit.
hope 2007 is a good year for us all.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 10:55 AM
I am back at work today The holiday seems to have zipped by far too quickly for my liking.

Judging by the quietness of the place and the empty carpark at work, I would say that many are still on leave. Lucky for them!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 11:01 AM
I agree it has gone very quick

Lets just hope everyone has a happy healthy 2007
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Back at work today, and by 11am it felt like we'd never been away and had a week off!
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-01-2007, 02:55 PM
i dont go back till next monday and i cant wait, no really i cant. we think we have sold the house so theres no point playing with it anymore, we havent found anywhere else to live so i cant play with that so it looks like renting for a while . the dogs have hung up the white flags i think ive walked the back legs off them over the last week and a half. if i ever see another tinny ill scream so no fun there ,im boared. roll on next monday
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
gaz u sound like u live in a right hell hole.
Speak your mind why dont ya
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
I go back to work on Thursday, Kev goes back next Monday!

To be honest, I am looking forward to it! I love my job and quite frankly it will be a bit of a rest!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Sorry you had a such a crap start to the new year Gaz,but im laughing at your 'pelmet' skirts reference!

I go back to work tommorrow and not looking forward to it...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >