Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 10:39 AM

Car Service

Well, I had the 2 year service done on my car on Saturday.

Something amazing happened....

Last year (when my car was 1 year old), They told me I needed 3 new tyres. (1 had already been replaced because of a puncture).
I decided not to buy them, as my car was 1 year old, and I hadn't done a lot of miles, so don't see how they could have worn down so quickly.
On the tick sheet, the amber boxes were ticked for the tyres.

This year, service - same place, same car, same tyres....
All are fine...green box ticked...7mm tread on front, and 4mm on back!

Please explain how I have self mending wheels!!

They also took some plastic parts out of my car, where the seatbelt plug is, and also took £2 out, and didn't put any of them back.
Have phoned the manager, but conveniently, he is always out!
So I have just written a letter.

I know It's only £2, and I won't get it back, as who is going to own up to taking £2, when they thought I didn't know it was there (it was down a little cranny - had fallen out of my pocket last Thursday).
It's the principle, that the guy has stolen from my car, and also not put back parts he's taken out!
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Is this a main dealer?

I am always worried about not going to a main dealer because of these things. They will always try and get more money out of you (hence the new tyres you didnt need) and they thought you'd had them replaced which is why they now say they are all ok!

I would write a letter to the manager explaining that some parts were taken from the car along with some personal belongings and you are not happy that nothing was put back and you would like to know what he intends to do about it.

I'm sorry to hear that you had an upleasant experience but i can assure you that not all mechanics try and con you
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Yep, it's the main dealer, I have to go there as the car is still in warrenty!

My letter is all written out (and edited, thanks to IsoChick), and will be posted tomorrow!

I know not all mechanics try and con - I know some very good ones - who I will be using once the car is out of warrenty!
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Its just annoying about the warranty, they have you tied dont they.

Good luck with the letter