View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Hi all. Tyto seems to be ok. I have all the fans on and the curtains pulled. I think it is more humidity than heat sometimes. Anyway have a good evening peeps. Oh yes my daughter phoned to say that all products that have sweetcorn in them are not to be eaten. Apparently they have a nasty listeria type bug in them. tatty bye.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 05:10 PM
She is going back Wednesday and if no improvement she is having an aspiration then but I will ask them to check the saliva gland...she is full of beans managing to get the horse pill size antibiotics into her lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 05:35 PM
I am glad she is taking the antibiotics. Still Wednesday is a while to wait though. Just hope the antibiotics do some good.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Yeah, if it gets bigger or she struggles eating and drinking, the vet said to go back sooner
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Let's hope it soon starts to go down for her. Give her a hug from me.

Brenda, I am glad Tyto is feeling better. It is very hot for dogs though, Amber is feeling the heat.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 07:36 PM
I will Moyra
Today is the first day my 2 have been bothered badly with the heat, Kota is panting like mad but I don't want to put her in the shower as she goes mental running round and rolling.
Mums packing, dad's up the pub and I am already on dog duty!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 07:57 PM
good evening all.

Lovely this morning - not too hot. It's heated up this afternoon though. Last night was dreadful for the heat and it really was difficult to get any sleep.

Sorry to hear about the lump, Griff. Hopefully, the meds will calm things down.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 08:52 PM
Chris, it's been like that here this evening... tonight is the only night it has annoyed me and that was because Dakota kept panting ...I kept saying get a big drink but she wouldn't have it. Just come up to bed so she is lying on her cool bed with the fan on her.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
decided not to take the car it is school turning out time and getting up and down that road would take me longer than walking.

I have the same here Lynn, 3 out of the 4 favorite walks require me to drive past the school, 3pm to 3:20pm the 'Mums Army' is parked all the way down the road I can usually time my departure or return to avoid that slot but not always. It's only 20 minutes but frustrating

Originally Posted by griff View Post
swelling still there and my dad felt it and it's solid..I am assuming that's not good,

Hard to say Griff, I do hope it's nothing serious, give her a hug from me

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
my daughter phoned to say that all products that have sweetcorn in them are not to be eaten. Apparently they have a nasty listeria type bug in them.

Thanks for letting us know Brenda, it's rare that I have sweetcorn, SWMBO doesn't like it, but will keep away for now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Lol...sweet corn is the work of the devil!!! Seriously though,I saw the recall and loads of frozen vegetables from so many different stores are affected
I remember when I was at school, there were very few children dropped off in a car, mums used to walk you in until you got to 8/9 and then a big group of us would walk up together with the older ones who were of to senior school on the bus, worked really well for a lot of families and gave us a chance to get used to having to go without a parent. The older ones used to get off the bus and wait for us to come out of school, nobody was paid and I don't recall anyone ever really being asked...it just kind of got passed along the line. Was nice really as we all got to talk on the way back and if anyone was having trouble they could help you sort it, even now we all see each other up town and have a laugh and a chat...much better than being shut in a car with just family
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >