View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2018, 06:29 PM
OMG the house it turns out is non standard construction steel framed. There was a survey which to be honest was a good report reckoning at least 25 years before any deterioration might show so mortgageable if a company will lend.
It had been rented out till 2 weeks ago. Very messy walls paint all flaking dark thick paint brown on the bannisters and framework. Lots of work would need doing a good bit of the garden would need fencing before Dillon could use it.
That's the good bit. We left and went to get in the car and Mark said have I picked up a flea from the dog mum ? I said no no fleas on the dog or in the house. When we looked Mark was covered all over his tee shirt and trousers and me all up my legs. We got as many as we could off then had to drive to the local animal food store and get some household flea spray. Mark had to strip to underpants in the garden so we could spray his clothes he then sprayed my dress and my handbag and I had to empty the toyota as it has Dillons bed for travelling and is all carpet up the sides of the van etc., We came in hoping we had solved the problem Mark washed his hair and beard and found one in his beard anything after spraying we found was dying. Aso we sprayed his car in case the odd one got missed.
I was planning on making an appointment for Gorden to look but will not be now. The house needs fumigating.
I have just come out of the shower I will be buying more flea spray tomorrow and doing the house just in case. Also keeping a close watch on Dillon his garlic intake will be going up.
I am itchy and paranoid now.

So I think that's a no then.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2018, 07:43 PM
even Alcatraz is suffering from steel corrosion which is why it was abandoned many years ago.

Lynn, you are doing the right thing walking away
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Oh my gawd!!! Don't touch it with a barge pole!!! Ring the agent tomorrow and suggest that before they allow anyone else to enter the property to fumigate the bloody thing!! I would have gone mental!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2018, 08:13 PM
I have emailed them tonight. Poor Mark was covered all on his tee shirt his trousers, quite a few bites to. I had bites on my legs. the agent has been before shown others round so she must of known or there were eggs and it's been shut up for a few days and in this heat they have hatched and we timed our visit very badly.
When I was thinking of making an appointment for Gorden to visit she was complaining she had to come from Kings Lynn 1/2 hour drive so needed to get viewings in as many as she could evenings/ daytimes she could manage.
Funny thing she rang just gone 4.30 saying her 5pm appointment rang to say they would be late could we make it earlier I said yes and then said to Mark I am the 5pm appointment.
I mentioned this to her when i got there and suggested she must of double booked she didn't really respond I am now wondering if she was trying to get away early.
Guess what another on line agent.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Ps Harvey you were right about the agent funny thing was they marketed this house same office when we purchased and were lovely. This lad is a young arrogant whippersnapper and needed reminding to mind his manners.

Well as you say a lot depends on the individual. I was not impressed with them. Regarding the place at Upwell, if your surveyer and Barrys comments are not enough I see it's the same agent. Nice river frontage but give it a miss I think
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
even Alcatraz is suffering from steel corrosion which is why it was abandoned many years ago.

But they still have tourists go out there Personly I can't imagine anything worse than traipsing around an old abandoned prison, surely people have better things to do in their life
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2018, 09:08 PM
No wonder people hate estate agents so much!!
So sorry you both got bitten..bad enough to have fleas on you but biting..ahhhhh
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Our agents are lovely.

Just the ones who didn't introduce herself and the arrogant young lad the online one who argued with me about viewing and the dipsy one today.
Same agent different office and town to young mr arrogant who I am meeting tomorrow very nice when dealing with on the phone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2018, 09:51 PM
Estate agents are funny creatures. The one who showed us round our current bungalow was a lovely lady. Just as we finished the tour she said 'we call it the waiting for God estate' then blushed furiously and apologised . It didn't put us off and I suppose she was right, there aren't many under 50 here and not that many under 70.

One bungalow we made a special trip over to see (2 hours 15 minutes each way) was full of water under the floorboards - and I mean full - almost a foot deep. All the wallpaper was black with mold throughout. When we met the agent outside, he said 'did the office explain there is a bit of a damp problem with it'? They hadn't and, of course it was a whoppa of an understatement. Needless to say, we weren't amused
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
OMG the house it turns out is non standard construction steel framed. There was a survey which to be honest was a good report reckoning at least 25 years before any deterioration might show so mortgageable if a company will lend.
It had been rented out till 2 weeks ago. Very messy walls paint all flaking dark thick paint brown on the bannisters and framework. Lots of work would need doing a good bit of the garden would need fencing before Dillon could use it.
That's the good bit. We left and went to get in the car and Mark said have I picked up a flea from the dog mum ? I said no no fleas on the dog or in the house. When we looked Mark was covered all over his tee shirt and trousers and me all up my legs. We got as many as we could off then had to drive to the local animal food store and get some household flea spray. Mark had to strip to underpants in the garden so we could spray his clothes he then sprayed my dress and my handbag and I had to empty the toyota as it has Dillons bed for travelling and is all carpet up the sides of the van etc., We came in hoping we had solved the problem Mark washed his hair and beard and found one in his beard anything after spraying we found was dying. Aso we sprayed his car in case the odd one got missed.
I was planning on making an appointment for Gorden to look but will not be now. The house needs fumigating.
I have just come out of the shower I will be buying more flea spray tomorrow and doing the house just in case. Also keeping a close watch on Dillon his garlic intake will be going up.
I am itchy and paranoid now.

So I think that's a no then.
Oh my God............................Ekkkkkk
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3