Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Lynn
A house in the next road went up for sale the other day and sold within 4 days, yet others don't seem to sell, albeit in different locations nearby and different house style.
My guess is the others are either overprices-wrong location or poor condition inside.

Same with this one we saw it on the internet on I think was a wednesday or thursday, rang the agent and got a viewing same day and purchased it. No mucking about we wanted it and got it ensuring it was taken off the market here and then

it too had only been on the market for less than 4/5 days with several viewings already and another on the following saturday.

If a house is presented well at the right price it will sell, it is the greedy sellers hanging out for more than the property is worth that don't
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2018, 04:27 PM
So true Barry our youngest was an estate agent and the amount of people that wanted to set their price not go by what sold at what price and the knowledge of the agent and the sales in that area.
He did it but warned them it would not sell and it usually didn't and ended up being reduced. So hoping we have ours priced right.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oooh oooh oooh just had a call from the agent, the guy who cme Saturday to view and loved the house has been in touch his buyers have confirmed their sale is going through so all paperwork from solicitors forwarded. He has asked for 2nd viewing Friday 12.30. Gorden isn't here but he met Dillon and Terry our agent will be coming along to so watch this space.
Might we get an offer within a week of listing ????

Wow, that's encouraging, but as Barry said sometimes a house will come on the market and the buyer is right there having been looking for a long time and not found what he wanted. Will definately have my fingers crossed for you on Friday.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Harvey...fingers, legs and toes !!!
How are Casey and Lara doing in the heat?? My daft dogs keep lying In the sun which means I have to go back indoors
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Well took Casey & Lara at 7pm tonight, it had cooled off a bit by then, Casey was not happy at mid day as that is his usual time and as you all know dogs are creatures of habit and don't like a change of routine but it really was too hot this afternoon.

Have picked all the rasberries from our bush plant (Ruby Beauty) but disappointed at the taste, seemed quite bland and I'm thinking of planting some 'traditional' types this November. Loganberry starting to ripen but we might loose most to the birds as I've not had time to net them grrrrrrr.

Trip to town tomorrow, bit of a pain 'cos I will have to dig out some decent clothes and maybe even have a shave still dogs will like it 'tho I'm definately not leaving them in the car, they will get walk in the park while SWMBO does what she has to do there is a river and lots of trees there.

BTN see you tomorrow
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
How are Casey and Lara doing in the heat?? My daft dogs keep lying In the sun which means I have to go back indoors

Haha, you can never tell with dogs, sometimes it's like they just flop down wherever they are.

Casey will find a shady place on the patio under some bushes. Today we had the fan in the study and curtains closed and they were in there most of the day and it is the coolest room in the house.

Our previous house was very old and had plenty wrong with it but it did have a cellar which the dogs loved in the hot weather.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Awwwww bless them, I was spitting today..went to the vets, there was a husky out (we are talking 1pm) he kept getting tied up at different points along the front of the shops, then at Asda a beagle tied up..o.k in the shade but on a slip lead...on back to front!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 09:10 PM
I wasn't up early enough to get mine out...I got up at 10am and it was boiling
Dad's insurance renewals have just come in for both cars...one has gone up £30... which is acceptable and the other £10 which is also acceptable, by the time my mum has entered all the details and tried to pin him down...£40 saves a lot of stress ...well for me, my stress levels do not need to be increased!!;
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Evening all.

Had a lovely day; early dog walk in work for 6am, home at 3pm really tired I had a Measles jab on Friday as a lot of measles cases around the West Midlands apparently; so had a nap in bed couple of hours refreshed and ready to go. Had salmon and noodles in sweet sour sauce for tea with Mom - who is doing brilliantly, enjoying the sunshine popping in and out every 1/2 hour or so with sunshade up. Then this evening we went for a lovely walk at 9pm much cooler Gert adored it; home again and a good go through with the garden watering and moving the hanging baskes into the paddling pool for a nice drink find it works well and the moss absorbes the water bottom up so to speak a bit of tidying and dead heading. Bins out, and now considering a bit of icecream.

Houses round here are selling quite quickly the lady who passed away a couple of months ago her house went up and sold in abut 10 days same with another one where the lady passed away last year early this year (delayed selling due to the will I think) but went up and sold within a fortnight a nice young couple in now with a little toddler; Pat (whose house it was) would be over the moon. The lady who has brought it said to another neighbour the house felt right, they told her its always been a happy home.

Gerty has settled right in moves from under the hanging basket when watered, understands life here and the rules which have been adapted to her somewhat as well as her character is different to the others give and take, BUT and it is a bit but she is perfect with Mom which is the major thing seems to understand she is blind and not as mobile as some.But Mom has a se routine which of course all dogs thrive on.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Oh and strangely I am watching the World cup games not religiously just popping in and out but know whats going on which is odd for me as I am not normally fussed.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2