Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2017, 04:20 PM

Lamps

Found these scratching around in my garage. I bought them when we had our third house and fitted them onto brick columns with the brick wall with railings in the back garden.
The idea back then was to keep the dogs off the grass and on the patio. That must have been about 35+years ago.
Like most things I don't like throwing good stuff out, but having found them again I might as well sell them.

Don't suppose one could even get real leaded coloured lamps now like these or if one could they would be very expensive. Most I have seen are the pendant types that hang down, so these must be a little rare
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Found these scratching around in my garage. I bought them when we had our third house and fitted them onto brick columns with the brick wall with railings in the back garden.
The idea back then was to keep the dogs off the grass and on the patio. That must have been about 35+years ago.
Like most things I don't like throwing good stuff out, but having found them again I might as well sell them.

Don't suppose one could even get real leaded coloured laps now or if one could they would be very expensive
Lovely!
Car boot sale an option?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Lovely!
Car boot sale an option?
Don't do car boot sales . Was just thinking what they would look like on a table or desk
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Don't do car boot sales . Was just thinking what they would look like on a table or desk
I think they would look decorative but you'd have to something with that orange cable.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Those cables are easily replaced . just a straight thread up throught the fitting. if my memory serves me correctly the brick columns I built I put a small paving slab onto and drilled a hole in the slab to put the cables through. Inside the hollow piller I connected to armoured cable which went under the patio and connected to the house wiring circuit. Don't have any photos but they look good with the small fur tree/bushes behnd them
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Those cables are easily replaced . just a straight thread up throught the fitting. if my memory serves me correctly the brick columns I built I put a small paving slab onto and drilled a hole in the slab to put the cables through. Inside the hollow piller I connected to armoured cable which went under the patio and connected to the house wiring circuit. Don't have any photos but they look good with the small fur tree/bushes behnd them
I see the BS1363 plug which isn't something you would use with armoured cable. No matter. If you wanted to use them as table lamps you'd really want something a bit more discrete.

I don't know what bulbs are in the lamps but unlikely to more than 100W incandescent so less than 1A. That gives a lot of scope for cable choice.

Even if you are going to sell them, a toned down colour might make them more saleable.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2017, 05:40 PM
that plug was for demo on here not as connected to armoured cable in my other house I owned. lite one 60 watt. Why tone down a colour they are? unedited photos shown as they are.

As a previous qualified 5 yr time served electrical apprentice before I changed trades I think I should know what I am doing
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2017, 06:04 PM
that plug was for demo on here not as connected to armoured cable in my other house I owned. lite one 60 watt. Why tone down a colour they are? unedited photos shown as they are.

As a previous qualified 5 yr time served electrical apprentice before I changed trades I think I should know what I am doing
I wasn't for a moment suggesting that you tone down the colour displayed here. It was a simple suggestion that, if you want to sell them or use them as table lamps, a different colour cable might be appropriate. Orange flexible is normally for outdoor use.

And I'm sure you know what you are doing. I could probably claim the same for myself.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-09-2017, 04:03 PM

How much do you want for the lamps?
And I didn't intend to upset you earlier. If I did, I apologise.