View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-01-2011, 09:21 PM

Dogsey vibes for Rocky please (update @ post 402)

Hey Guys, hope you are all well.

Poor Rocky had to have a biopsy a few days ago, and today we went back for his follow-up just to make sure he's healing ok. (To begin with we thought the bump was a haematoma - but as it didn't go down the vet thought a biopsy was needed.)

The results are not due back until next week, but I had a chat with the vet and unfortunately things are not looking too great

When he started doing the biopsy he first thought it was just fat, but had to go deeper and deeper and discovered it was a tumour under muscle he said it bled quite a lot and even if it's benign (not cancerous) - he would prob advise to just leave it, as Rocky is fine in himself.

Unfortunately if it is cancerous it might prove difficult as he said it would be quite tough to get around it all - but we're not thinking about that too much until the results come in.

I did ask him what he thought it might be, and he said it looked like a tumour (unfortunately one that is often cancerous) that they commonly find on the spleen (tho it's not actually on Rocky's spleen) but stressed that that's only a guess and we have to wait for the results to be certain.

Here he is showing off his cut and buster collar.

Anyone else been through similar? Know what our options might be? I can't help by feel sad - been crying all day

Something I haven't said publicly on the site before is Rocky is also epileptic - he had his first fit when he was 6 months old and has been on 2 x 60mg Ephiphen (Phenobarb) twice a day ever since - he's been fit-free for about 5 years tho (soon as we increased the dose to 2x60mg they stopped - although were greatly reduced soon as he started medication). At the time I thought it wouldn't be fair on the breed/breeder to mention it publicly and then it never really cropped up. Anyway I feel like getting it off my chest now

Sorry to anyone who's PM'd or left a feedback thread - it might take me a while to reply.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:25 PM
So sorry to read this Azz...I've not got any advice as I've not experienced this with any of mine, but I will be thinking of you and Rocky and sending as many healing vibes as possible to the little fella xxx
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Massive vitual bones going Rockys way! I hope he gets well soon!
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Sorry to hear this. Sending prayers and positive vibes for Rocky.

My lad has epilepsy. I'm glad Rocky has been fit free for so long.

Hoping the results bring good news.

Take good care of yourselves and give him a hug from me please.

Seoniad.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh, so sorry to hear this Poor Rocky, and poor you! I really hope the results come back good, and that it isnt cancerous!

Rocky is such a gorgeous boy!

Loads of healing vibes and (((hugs))).
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:35 PM
oh Azz, I'm so sorry.

I really hope things aren't as bad as you think.

Hugs to you and Rocky x

Akitagirl's Zeke has been going through cancer treatment - not the same type I don't think (if Rocky's does prove to be that) but it seems to have been successful so far. Hopefully Zeke's story will give you some hope.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:48 PM
So sorry to read about Rocky Azz, thoughts with you both..xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Poor Rocky. I hope the results come back positive Azz, he's a grand old chap.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Thoughts with you both. Paws crossed for positive results.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Sorry to read this Azz, hopefully the tests will come back negative for CA.

My Patterdale had a similar sounding cancer to the one your vet is talking about, his was in a similar place He had it operated on. If it is the same kind then it was painless for my boy and he remained well in himself until the end.

Hugs to you both x
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »