View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Ok this is really beginning to bug me now!!

Living in a city means that I have to drive in general to find an open field for my dog so in the evening I like to take her for a stroll round the block as well, instead of two car journeys. This is now constantly being ruined by people screaminig in fear of my dog every time they see her. Molly is as well behaved as usual, walking to heel on her lead showing no interest what so ever in them. Speaking to some local dog owners they have had to give up taking their dogs to certain parks in the city because of the problem.

Is anyone else subjected to the same thing when they walk their dogs cos this is really starting to annoy me now!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Why I wonder? She looks so cute in your profile pic??? Some people are very strange aren't they! I'm very lucky, I live in a little village and have the luxury of hundreds of dog walks right on my doorstep, it's actually classed as an area of outstanding natural beauty (South Downs) so, no, the only people I meet up with tell me how lovely my dogs are coz they all have dogs themselves, even though I've always had gsd's I've never met anyone who's been scared of them.

I don't do Town walks though and never will, the nearest I get is a walk along the top of the beach, but again, they all have dogs, mine are friendly, and everyone is friendly. Such a shame you have to put up with that, when she's such an adorable looking girl. Is she bothered by it? I doubt it, so ignore them all!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Fortunately she couldn't care less, probably because she lives with 3 noisey kids! But these people (of a certain origin) run up driveways to get away from her and nearly under a car today. If she was barking at them etc I would understand! Joys of inner city life I suppose, maybe I will move to the country when I've finished my uni course. It sounds much more friendly there!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Some people are just horrid I am afraid. Your girl looks lovely. Pics would be great , we love fur baby pics on this forum xxxxxxxxxxxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 04:58 PM
what gets me is asbo chavey pikey types, calling the dogs "doggy doggy" going "woof woof" to distract them, or whistling. ...ARGHHHHHHH i swear to god, i take them out ,walk them around broken bloody glass, dodge all the loose latchkey dogs trying to kill them or hump them, try to shake off the nice latchkey dogs so they dont get kiled on the road if they follow me, only to have some bloody idiots doing that.......the time the do it when im next pre-men god help them, & me cos they will probaley stab me or glass me for sticking up for my dogs. Fantastic ****ty city GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Opps might you have hit a nerve with me????????
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Ha ha Mishflynn you understand my problem so well. I didn't want to offend so was more reserved but I couldn't put it better myself!! Molly is very good at remembering people who shout or jump out at her and the next time she sees them (and this can be weeks later) she jumps out and shouts at them first. It is sooo maddening tho!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Having endured this with my GSDs for too many years than I care to recall, I now don`t actually care any more. Have you tried an ipod and a vague look of bewilderment?
Sequeena
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I have the same reaction too sometimes, I ignore it now. My girl isn't doing anything so if they don't like it they can cross the road.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Having endured this with my GSDs for too many years than I care to recall, I now don`t actually care any more. Have you tried an ipod and a vague look of bewilderment?
I must try this. Anyone know if they make dogpods?
magix
New Member!
Female 

16-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I am very lucky I think, this has never happened to us while out walking the wockers which is a good thing coz my Dixie would die of fright. She's neither the brightest or bravest of dogs.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >