Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2018, 07:23 AM

Daily Thread Friday 20th July

Good morning everyone.

Hope you are feeling better this morning Lynn. As Kazz said don't look at properties now you have pulled out of the sale.. Think this was the best option otherwise you were being pushed into a similar situation of buying something you didn't really want as you were last time. Now you have a really lovely house that you know will sell but next time at the right price.

Hope all to and four legged are keeping well

Dull here this morning with a little rain whilst walking Teazle but not enough to get you wet. Washing out so keeping an eye out for more rain.

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2018, 07:34 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow, Overcast here so just hoping we get some rain. Have taken off all the roses as they were all brown and crispy. Such a shame as they are usually there for most of the summer but at least now if it rains they won't get sodden and weigh the trellis down. bfn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2018, 07:43 AM
Morning Sue and brenda.
Feeling slightly better but still very under the weather.
Manager at estate agents rang yesterday and I said I would look over budget but obviously couldn't guarantee anything. She was going on about taking out a mortgage I don't think so why would we. I said we would give it one last push over the weekend if no luck that was it.
Anyway seen one come spot on our budget ticks all the boxes and of course everyone wants to view. Agent trying to get us in tomorrow if this fails for whatever reason that will have to be it.
Lost heart with it all not feeling well possibly down to this stress and picking something up from some of the grot holes we have visited.
When booking confirmed I will let our agent know we have the viewing and make it absolutely clear if this one doesn't work out then that is it. No more not this year anyway.
She is still insisting we are not undervalued so I replied everything is over priced then.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2018, 08:19 AM
If you were just putting yours on the market with another agent I wonder what they would value your place as. Good luck tomorrow but don't hold your breath.

Trust you are all well and your lovely four legged friends too.

Have a good day everyone, might get some rain today if we are lucky, Steve has gone fishing so it is highly likely! Stay cool, safe and well. God bless.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
She was going on about taking out a mortgage I don't think so why would we.

Did she mean a 'normal' mortgage or was she talking about one of these 'equity release' mortgages.

The financial firms are pushing 'equity release' mortgages very heavily now, on the surface they seem to offer a good deal. I looked into it, even got a quote, but have decided not right now. Basically you sell 100% (or maybe less) of the value of your property and don't pay anything back until both of you die. But they value ones property at about 45% of it's true market value and there are a good number of 'small print' clauses so not for us, or you I suspect.

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
might get some rain today if we are lucky, Steve has gone fishing so it is highly likely!

Well for once I hope Steve's fishing trip produces some rain we sure do need it now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Afternoon all
I don't want rain!! Getting my fence replaced next week and a skip tomorrow so I need it dry lol
Builders are back next door, I am stuck at home so my head is killing me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2018, 12:10 PM
No idea what type of mortgage Harvey the usual sort I would of thought because an equity one would be tied to this house I think which would defeat the object.
Either way it was a big fat no. Why do we want to do that after being mortgage free for nearly 5 years. It took a lot of heartache to be mortgage free and although nice it wasn't our choice back then.
They will do anything to save a sale. We shall see what tomorrow brings this house does seem to tick a lot of the boxes on paper. First one so far.
Oooh griff hope it stays dry for next week for you. Think the weather last night said even hotter.

My poor ribs ache so much now when coughing which thankfully seems to be slowing down. Or sneezing. Just had to take some ibuprofen.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2018, 12:35 PM
I shall keep everything crossed for you for tomorrow's viewing Lynn. Yes, why would you want to take on another debt? My brother asked my mum and dad to give him £30,000 of his inheritance. (don't know what makes him think he is getting anything) so he could put a bigger deposit on his flat thus getting a lower mortgage rate, mum said where did he think they would get that amount of money and he said exactly that....take out a mortgage!! People spend their lives trying to get mortgage free so seems a crackers idea to take one out when you have freed yourself
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Well I am mortgage free and no way would I remortgage ......Lynn you have to ask yourself where was this a manger when you frst raised your hand and said "not good enough" the quality of property. Jumping into the fire from the frying pan is not the way forward look how uphappy you were before you moved to this house and then since then really.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2018, 03:15 PM
If you are reading this Bumblesnout I haven't heard from you for ages. Are my emails not getting through?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >