Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 07:47 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good Morning All Dogsey Peops

So, so dark in the morning at the moment isn't it, you just don't want to get up, even 7.30 is like the middle of the night.

First of all, I was so, so shocked and saddened by the news this morning and my heart goes out to those devastated families in America, you just cannot begin to imagine can you

Lynn, I'm really hoping Day 2 was a success with Dillon, and can't wait to hear all about it.
Malka, I hope you're feeling much better this morning and hoping you didn't spend most of the night in the loo
Daisy Dog, I hope you enjoyed your ski-ing and hoping Tilly's tail is healing properly now
Bitkin, hoping little Jimmi's paw is on the mend from his abcess

Dave shut his door last night, so never heard any of that snoring, but still laid awake until about midnight, I must break this habit somehow, otherwise I'll end up like Dave an insomniac. I can never understand though, how he says he can't sleep and yet he snores all night whilst I'm lying there awake??!

I'm off up to the van, it's a complete pig stye in there at the moment with Dave in and out doing the insulation and that odd bod jobber doing the bathroom, so I'm going to get it back to how it should be and do the best the day the guests arrive next Saturday. Apart from that, nothing on the agenda at home, except the usual cleaning and washing and for lunch we have steak and salad. Haven't had that for weeks, so I'm looking forward to that.

The wind and rain in the night but it's all calmed down now thank goodness, hope it has where you are and if you haven't had it yet, then be prepared, there's some really heavy rain around. Enjoy your Saturday
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Morning H and everyone.
Sorry you aren't sleeping so well H, I hope you are back on track soon. Working on that van should tire you out

I agree about the tragedy in America. How dreadful I'm sure all our thoughts are with them. What is is it with America huh?

The wind and rain has left us now and obviously arrived with you, take care.

General tidying and preparing tomorrows lunch for me today.

I hope everyone and doggies are well, have a good weekend x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Morning H and all,
Well the dreaded day has arrived, I am shaking like a leaf already and would kill for a cup of coffee. I got up at 4.30 am and had some cereal and a cup of coffee as they said nothing to eat after 5. Now I am wondering if they did mean 5am or if it was 5pm last night . Oh well I suppose I will find out soon enough.
I have got to take Kyiro for a bandage change at the vets at 9.40 so am praying they are not running late as I have to get all the way back across town and home with him and get changed and get to the hospital by 11am.
Hope everyone and their doggies are ok this morning.
Take care all and I will hopefully catch up later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning H and everyone.
Sorry you aren't sleeping so well H, I hope you are back on track soon. Working on that van should tire you out

I agree about the tragedy in America. How dreadful I'm sure all our thoughts are with them. What is is it with America huh?

The wind and rain has left us now and obviously arrived with you, take care.

General tidying and preparing tomorrows lunch for me today.

I hope everyone and doggies are well, have a good weekend x
Morning Jen Stuck in that kitchen again today then, but of course, lunches like yours of a Sunday take a lot of preparation I'm sure. Glad this awful weather has now left you, it's pretty bad outside here now.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,
Well the dreaded day has arrived, I am shaking like a leaf already and would kill for a cup of coffee. I got up at 4.30 am and had some cereal and a cup of coffee as they said nothing to eat after 5. Now I am wondering if they did mean 5am or if it was 5pm last night . Oh well I suppose I will find out soon enough.
I have got to take Kyiro for a bandage change at the vets at 9.40 so am praying they are not running late as I have to get all the way back across town and home with him and get changed and get to the hospital by 11am.
Hope everyone and their doggies are ok this morning.
Take care all and I will hopefully catch up later.
Morning Bev Sorry I forgot about what you're having to go through this morning, and I think you're pushing yourself a bit too hard with this time schedule there Bev, can't you make that vet's appt a bit later on in the day, because they could well end up sedating you and you'll have to sit in the ward for an hour or so afterwards? Good luck with it all Bev, we'll all be thinking of you, and got the positive vibes on the go.xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:21 AM
The vets shuts at 12 for the weekend, so the earliest they could get me in is 9.40. If they are on time then I should be able to get home by 10.30 to leave straight for the hospital. Just hope town traffic won't be too bad either around town today or that will hold me up.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2012, 08:32 AM
'morning Helena, Jenny, Bev, and all

Baruska was scratching the door to come in at six o'clock so I got up to let her in, usually she just goes and lies on other side of bed but today she paced around and didn't settle, turns out she was hungry so I prepared some biscuits and a bit of turkey meat and she was happy. She has a small tummy so does not eat a lot in the evening and sometimes wants a top up in the morning.

Anyway, after that I couldn't go back to bed so decided to start planning next year since I bought a 2013 diary yesterday.

Bev, I'm sure the hospital appointment will be OK try not to worry. Jenny, I have the same thoughts as you on that terrible tragedy in America, why do these happen so often, it's less than a week ago when some nutter shot and killed two people in a Portland Oregan shopping centre, because it was only two people it didn't make the headlines, has to be down to the gun laws or rather the lack of any.

Helena, today I will start to search on line for a supplier of genuine printer cartridges at a reasonable price, if you find one can you let me know. That fiasco in WHS that you went through would have made me so mad.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Morning Helena, Morning All

Dreadful, you just don't imagine what the day can hold when you wake up and go about your usual routine, send the kids off to school

Bev, I hope that you get well today - both at the vets and the hospital.

Helena, I'm wondering if the timing is the issue? I fall asleep instantly then wake up in the early hours for a few hours whereas Dave takes ages to go to sleep then sleeps right through. Both us can have a very poor night's sleep but not realise that the other one has as well until the morning because I am asleep while Dave is awake and vice versa. Good luck with trying to adjust your sleep pattern, the longer you carry on the more your body will adjust to not sleeping at this time.

Have a good day all
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi Harvey

Bless Baruska, you'll have to get her one of those automatic feeder things and set it to open in the early hours so she can help herself to a little snack!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Hi Harvey

Bless Baruska, you'll have to get her one of those automatic feeder things and set it to open in the early hours so she can help herself to a little snack!
Yes I did think about that some time ago, the main thing is that having a good appetite is a sure sign that a dog is healthy and after all she's been through that is a relief to us.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Morning Helena and all ,

Helena what about the 'pillow' cure for snoring Sorry I shouldn't laugh as I have a snorer here too

Bev - good luck with the vets and of course for you at the hospital. I'll be thinking of you

Malka I hope you are better today and you got a good nights sleep.

A day of housework today (and dog walking). I still haven't written cards or done any Xmas shopping, so I may try and pop out this afternoon to TK Maxx.

I hope you all have a good day and healthy vibes being sent to all poorly dogs and people.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »