Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Magnificant
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Beautiful and you are so lucky the people who planted it must have loved their garden
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 09:58 PM
It must be a good year for roses as all 17 of mine are beautiful this year - can you tell I love them Yours are just fantastic!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Thank you all

The people that lived here before us had the house from new about 20 odd years ago. The gardens were like concrete jungles really as they spent most of their time abroad. We assume that they had everywhere slabbed and pebbled with plants scattered about that didn't need too much attention.

We are hoping, maybe not this year, to completely turf the other two levels of garden on the other side to that we've just had slabbed but keep all the rose bushes to the edges as they are so pretty and fragrant. That way we have one side to use in all weathers and the other side with grass for those sunny days

Neither Clive or I know anything about gardening so it is exciting to us when things start appearing
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 08:40 AM
I think it looks lovely Sheree, I must ask though what is that tree in the third photo (I want one )
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I think it looks lovely Sheree, I must ask though what is that tree in the third photo (I want one )
Thanks Emma

That tree is gorgeous, I thought it had died off earlier as it was just a mass of twigs over the winter months but it suddenly became full of leaves again. I have it in my mind it is a Weeping Fig, but some of the others with far better knowledge than me well know that it is something different.

When I trimmed everything back towards the end of last year I actually cut across all the trailing bits to make it like an umbrella shape, I prefer it like that as Leon can lay underneath it and shade himself, I think it would have longer tendrils had I left it
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2