View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
silverking
New Member!

31-10-2004, 02:51 AM

Dog parks

Do you have any off leash or on leash dog parks where you live in my town we have two one is 5+ acres and is fenced in and the second is about 2 acres and fenced in and it has access to the beach of the Gulf on Mexico where they can swim on our hot summer days. Dog parks are great in my State of Florida wenhave many dog parks.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2004, 04:46 AM
We live a 5 minute drive from miles of sandy beach which is a designated off-lead exercise area for dogs
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 05:39 AM
Nearly every park in UK is an off lead park. And lots of beaches allow dogs on and off lead although "No dogs are allowed" in certain parts or at certain times of year ie Summer at the rest of the time you can enjoy.

Karen
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2004, 08:09 AM
all the parks around here are off lead parks although I do keep Star on the lead if I am near some roads.

We also have a beach nearby where dogs are allowed all year round.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Dogs can only go on the beach, where i am between september and march i think.
I havn't come across a park yet that requires a dog to where a lead at all times.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 08:35 AM
On our beaches dogs are only allowed between september and april aswell. We have birds nesting here.

Uhm well the woods are leash on, but everywhere else u dont have to have leads on.

We dont have parks around my neighbourhood, BUT I live surrounded by fields and green areas.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 10:24 AM
There is nowhere near me that I can walk my dog off leash. I can't even let him off leash on the moors cos it's common grazing
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2004, 01:26 PM
We're lucky too in that most areas by us are offlead (so long as they're under control).
We have a nice mix of woodland, beaches, open spaces, country parks and local parks by us
hound
Dogsey Junior

01-11-2004, 09:57 AM
we have a few places round us and I back onto a farmers field which has a public footpath though it which is lovely in the summer...but off limits in the winter, unless you want to come out 6 inches taller!
The only thing I find is that our local pack has a lovely open space which I use all the time.....come summer and it's dogs V kids, now I have kids and Demps a big softie....but I feel socially unaccepted (because of staffies bad press) to let him off the lead when the kids are out....so if i go down that park I feel like it's my duty to keep him on the lead when there are lots about, so it's farmers field or disused railway track for me.....
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Its all off lead round here, but i dont let the dogs off near cattle or farmland, cos being labs they love everything and will go play!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >