Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lynnandian
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2008, 07:44 PM

11 month old puppy keeps Farting!

Hi, just found this lovely forum and thought i'd ask a question.
We have a Parson Russell Terrier and he is 11 months old. However we are having problems with him farting. We feed him on Royal Canin puppy dry and Natures menu junior wet food. I have kept note and think its the natures menu junior thats the problem. I thought he was on the best food but if he has problems with wind then could this be a sign its not agreeing with him? Anyone else had this problem? Should i try and get him to just eat the dry royal canin.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Definitely a sign he is not digesting the food to well.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I had a similar problem with dry food. In the end I got to the end of a bag and said to my mum not to buy any more (we'd had him on burns and JWB) and he doesn't really fart at all any more.
If he'll eat just the royal canin then go for it a drop of gravy or a different type of meat might help if he's picky about it. though life is a lot more boring now he's carbon-neutral
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Change him to a good quality adult food, at 11 months old he is better on adult food now.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 01:56 PM
hi and welcome great to see another parson owner, trigger had problems with royal food i tried lots of foods with him and the best food i have found that he has no probs on including wind is chappie complete he loves it he does get a small amount of natures meat added at night but never a problem. would love to see pics of you doglet hun.
lynnandian
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2008, 09:24 PM
wow thanks for the replies. I have eliminated his wet food today, but he has just ate the royal canin junior and whoe farting again! so maybe i should put hi on adult royal canin? i thought it was the wet food but maybe its the dry! i will keep trying and see what results i get. I will get some piccies of me and the family and of course Lucky. i look forward to your replies Lynn xx
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 09:07 AM
My dog was farty when we first got him but once we worked out a good diet for him he's wind free now.

Heidi
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Mine was windy and often had the runs. It turned out to be the dry food causing the problem! I feed raw now but my mum swears by James Wellbeloved with a bit of fresh homemade dog food in (lamb or ox heart whizzed up in the food processor with raw veg and yogurt). Every dog is different though and it may just be trial and error getting it right.