Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 02:19 AM

Children vs Dogs!

I just remembered this so thought I would share! A couple of years ago, I was out in Hamsterley Forrest with my dogs enjoying a four miler. I eventually came to the end of the trail back into the main part of the park. Now my dogs are v well behaved and are very rarely on the lead as they do everything I ask, but we're walking along the road back to the car and all of a sudden I heard "DOGS ON LEADS PLEASE, DOGS ON LEADS!!!" Well I nearly died, and so did my dogs! Turns out a school was having a day out and decided they could tell everyone else what to do! My reply? "CHILDREN ON LEADS PLEASE, CHILDREN ON LEADS!"
I'm sorry but I know some dogs can be nasty and children can be nervous if not used to dogs but I was going in completely the opposite direction for crying out loud and as I was the only person in close proximity I know it was aimed at me! As far as I can see, far more children do damage in parks than dogs do! And my dogs are far better behaved than most children I come across!
Nuff said!
P.S Please don't hurt me!!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2005, 05:28 AM
Best be safe than sorry Children can be very unpredictable and I hate having them rushing up to hug my dogs without a 'please may I'. Also, the organizers of the trip were not to know what very well behaved dogs you have and, in this litigious society, I guess they were not prepared to take any risk at all.
pete
Almost a Veteran

26-02-2005, 07:23 AM
yup sorry but i think they were right were the kiddies are put yer dogs on leads ,i dont think its whos the most well behaved the kids or the dogs ,but how well behaved the adults are and how responsible they are obviously the teachers thought you were close enough to warrant telling put your dogs on there leads and if you could hear them then they were probably right .
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 07:35 AM
I always put mine on leads around kids,especially the staffs,they love kids,and if one was to jump up on a kid to say hello and scratch them,I can just hear the outcome.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 07:51 AM
same here dogs are always on lead near kids, they love them,in fact with them being Malamutes they only go off lead in fully enclosed areas no matter how good they are at listening to commands, and I would hate for one of my 90 odd lbs dog just trying to get a lick of a kids face, then getting done for having a dangerous dog its the times we live in now,

Mo
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 09:44 AM
must agree even though my boxers love to go to see people they are large dogs and if they were to jump up and knock a kiddy over them the outcome could be awful agree that kids do more damage and are more out of control but better safe than sorry
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 09:50 AM
That's soo funny...someone actually shouting dogs on leads , i bet it was a primary school teahcer cos theyre even bossier than us secondary teachers(if thats possible)
seriously though they are held soo responsible for naything that happens to the kid sin their care i can see hwy they would shout it, irritating as it may have been..lol
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2005, 10:48 AM
I have to agree to, I wouldn't have Blackie off lead where there were kids, you don't know what the kids are going to do!

Ian
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

26-02-2005, 11:06 AM
I have to put my dogs on leads when kids are about because my dogs think when they see kids running they should round them up!
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Have to agree with the rest here.
My dogs are always on the lead when kids are about, being Bull breed dogs i wouldn't take the risk of the a child being bowled over by a big lump coming to lick them to death
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >