Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 07:25 PM

Suggestions please

I am looking for things to do with Shady in the house to tax her brain. Please bear in mind I have a JRT yapping his way round with us getting in the way. No good shutting him away as he goes mad if he thinks Shady is getting something he is not and I've tried teaching him things but he will have none of it he just leaps for the treat.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 07:55 AM
I play find the toy with Hoki.
Kip isn't interested in this - he just wants to chase it, so I go & hide Hoki's and then play with Kip with his ball until Hoki finds hers and brings it back.
Sometimes Hoki gets distracted by Kip's ball (but I just tell her 'thats not your one - go & find yours' and of she goes).

If you want to do some training with Shady, why not give Milo a kong (still in the same room with you) while you are training Shady.

At Kip's age, he isn't too interested in training & he is well mannered enough that I do not need him to learn more, but he does like to come over & stick his nose in when I am trying to train Hoki.

I end up with two piles of treats - Hoki has to work for hers, but each time she gets one, Kip does too (even though he has done nothing for his!). Works with mine, but I realise my old Kip will be very different to your young boisterous Milo