View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lou Strachan
New Member!
Female 

17-03-2006, 11:05 AM

Boxer puppy feeding appetites! (how much to feed / teething and feeding)

My husband and I have a new baby boxer, Bertie, who is now 5 months and luuuuurves everyone and anything ! His teeth are now coming through and boy are Nige and i pleased say goodbye to those puppy teeth. If anyone could help with puppy boxer's appetites it would be most helpful. He isn't that fussed about food however is weight is good but could it be due to his new toothy pegs ?

Lou x
LoopyLulu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Hello and welcome
Can't help you with the food thing, sorry. I've got a nine month old Boxer myself, but we've only had her a couple of months, so we missed that part of her But all I can say is she eats like a trooper

Hope someone can help!

bagoratz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi Lou

Can you give a bit more info about feeding patterns, what your dog is fed, etc?

Maybe someone will be able to make some suggestions - have you spoken to your vet?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi and welcome............can you give us a little bit more info, on what you want........ are you asking what food to feed/ how often?????????
Meg
Supervisor

17-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi Lou you may find this post helpful
I won't give you the normal Dogweb welcome as this post will be moved to the Diet secton shortly
Lou Strachan
New Member!
Female 

20-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox
Hi and welcome............can you give us a little bit more info, on what you want........ are you asking what food to feed/ how often?????????
Over the weekend we seem to be improving and I now have discovered this is due to his back teeth coming thru. I feed him on Pedigree Puppy kibble and meat pouches which in general he thinks are ok ! My vet suggsted that I keep at the same brand of food and not to change if there is no runny tummies. I could be making a rod for my own back if I start changing puppy foods to his desired taste and become extremely fussy. My Jack Russell finds this behaviour very bizarre as he just longs to gobble it all up and doesn't know what the fuss is about as he thinsk the food smells great !!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

20-03-2006, 02:33 PM
i think everyone has there own opinions on which is the right food to feed our dogs...........but i think I am right in saying not many people on here will be a fan of pedigree chum....... it is not the best qaulity food out there for young pups or any dog.........this does not mean the better the qaulity , the more expensive it is.......in fact I have found the ones that cost a little more go further, and last longer simply because they have on a percentage, more actual food ( meat and rice) in them ............so you dont need to feed as much, were as PC is nothing but water , with a little added meat.........

Growing Boxer pups, and all pups for that matter, need the right balance of vitamins, as well as meat, in the food...............there are plenty of good (dried) foods if you dont want to feed raw!............. some of th ones I would recommend are ........

Burns!........Arden Grange!........Oscars!........all of thes have web site, and I think will deleiver ( I feed my 2 Oscars)............... you can gradually switch his food over a period of a couple ofdays.............as long as you dont switch, onto a different food every few days......and confuse him, he will soon get used to his new food..............the good thing about dried food , is it is also good for his teeth (keep them clean)...............and you will find on the back of the bags, the right amount to be feeding for the right age...........this helps you, because you know you are feeding the right amount of food for the size and age of your dog................Boxers are a breed , that need careful joint maintenance, while they are growing, ...........and PC wont provide any of the neccessary vits to promote healthy strong joints..........look for foods with adden , Glucosamie, Fish Oils.......Omega 3